Will Fillers Help Fix Nose Tip After Bad Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty done 3 years ago. I'm very unhappy with the outcome. It seems to be more wider and the tip has drooped.

Would the derma fillers be able to correct my problems? I am Afro-Carribean needing help without anymore surgery. Thanks.

Injectable Fillers may improve the tip of your nose after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

You would be surprised how much improvement you could see after a well-done, Injectable Filler treatment. I'm not completely certain you would benefit without seeing your photos. I have been able to achieve pleasing, permanent improvements of the nasal-tip, using Silikon-1000, after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

I've attached a link for your perusal. I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2
A drooping and widened nasal tip especially in an Afro-Carribean nose is going to require revision rhinoplasty to get the nose you are hoping for. Dermal fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse) are not used in the nose for support and you will likely need cartilage grafts to refine and narrow your nose. You may get some benefit with the use of fillers to augment the nasal dorsum which will make this area appear somewhat more thin, but, that does not sound like it will satisfy your issues.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers in Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers can be used for minor depressions after rhinoplasty. However, most of these products do not provide permanent correction. Repeated injections are necessary. Although silicone products are permanent, if the results are not satisfactory it is almost impossible to remove. Be careful; you're not describing subtle changes. Revision surgery is your best and most reliable alternative.

Dermal filler to correct bad rhinoplasty results are a bad idea

+1

Fillers are a bad idea to be placed on the nose because they can extrude, become infected, necrose skin and present surgical problems later on in life. It is best to stay away from dermal fillers in the nose. Revision rhinoplasty surgery can be performed to further balance and shape the nose and lift the tip, which is drooped.

Injectable rhinoplasty is indicated for certain problems

+1

Tissue fillers are best when a nose requires 'addition'. They mostly don't help noses that require 'subtraction'. But like everything there are exceptions. Injections can hide certain crooked noses but filling in the concave side of the nose. A filler can also straighten the profile of certain nasal dorsal humps. They excel at camouflaging minor irregularities after rhinoplasty. But the operative words are 'subtle', 'minor', and 'small'.

From your description, I’m sorry to say but your nose sounds like you will need a revision. However if you are reluctant, and just about everyone who needs more surgery is; to convince yourself surgery is your only solution, why not have your surgeon inject your nose with a salt solution called 'normal saline'. It will give you similar results as with semi permanent fillers like Restylane but will be resolved within a day. That way you can 'test drive' your new nose. I think that will convince you it's not an option for you.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for nose tip after bad Rhinoplasty

+1

Without any photos we, the expert posters can not really evaluate the issues. It sounds more like you need revision surgery, as Dr. Aldea stated. But MAYBE fillers could help, but I cannot say - NO PHOTOS! Regards.

Rhinoplasty problems

+1

If youa re unhappy with the way the nose looks at this point, I would recommend a revision rhinoplasty as opposed to fillers to supplement yout problems.

Fillers are great, but they can't fix everything.

+1

As much as I like using dermal fillers where appropriate, the issues that you describe really can't be fixed with these products. Such concerns can only be addressed with surgery.

Good luck,

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers won't help with post rhinoplasty bad results.

+1

It would help for small depressions, but it will not elevate and contour the nose the way you want. You will need revision surgery to do this. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Rhinoplasty versus fillers

+1

I agree with Dr. Aldea: you need another rhinoplasty if you still have a wide nose and a drooping tip. Fillers cannot narrow the nose and will not raise the tip. In general, fillers in the tip can compromise the quality of the skin in this region, and I strongly advise against it. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS