Fillers in Eyelid After Bleph. If I Remove it, Will it Leave a Huge Wrinkle in Eyelid?

Could anyone please advise me if I have the juaderm removed from my upper eyelids after two weeks will it leave a huge wrinkle eyelid? I had bleph done on April 5 and I had juvaderm put in recently as I thought the bleph left my eyelids rather sunken after the surgery healed and post swelling went down. Well it turns out the upper eyelids look horrid after fillers because it created a hood over the eye - the lowers and cheek bone are look great. I want to have my uppers back to pre-filler look.

Fillers in Eyelids

+1

In general, fillers in eyelids, if placed deep, can look well if one uses a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane. It can have long-lasting effects. The key is to not overcorrect these areas as this can give an excess or full look in both the upper and lower eyelid. The good thing about hyaluronic acid fillers is that the effect can be reversed with hyaluronidase, if needed, to remove the filler.

Juvederm is not an optimal product for the upper eyelid in my opinion.

+1

I would strongly recommend that you discuss this with your eyelid surgeon or the individual who placed juvederm in your eyelid what they think.  I don't like juvederm for the upper eyelid because this product has a degree of drift.  While this can be helpful to reduce the risk of a lump or bump, it also can cause some unpredictable volume shifts.  HA fillers can easily be adjusted with enzyme if necessary.  The question is if the wrinkle is caused by the filler.  You did not provide a photos so it is hard to venture a guess on this question. 

Filler in upper eyelid

+1

If you do not like the filler in your upper eyelid, hyaluronidase can dissolve the filler in your lid. This may take more than one treatment.

Don't Worry About Removing Your Filler If You Don't Like The Result

+1

Our skin is pretty good about contracting back down after filler has been removed. Juvederm can be reversed by injecting hyaluronidase. You can even inject a very small amount of hyaluronidase if you want to try and reduce but not completely eliminate the Juvederm. If you do reverse all of the Juvederm, I would expect the skin to contract down over the area pretty well

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feel free to have it removed

+1

If you are unhappy with the results of the Juvederm in your eyelids, feel free to have it removed. That is one of the benefits to using this product is its reversibility.

Your lid should go back to the pre-injection state.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon