Will Fillers Improve my Rhinoplasty Result?

I am a 21 year old female who is 4 weeks post-op primary rhinoplasty. I had my bump shaved down and deviated septum corrected. I have been left with an up-turned very swollen bulbous tip and seriously short nose - (I actually liked my nose length better before) and it is very ski-sloped which I hate! How long should I wait before considering injectable fillers and will they fix this? Are there any side-effects? How long do they last? Is it better to wait and have a revision? Thank you

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty is a strong possibility for you.  However, I would advise waiting about 6 months before having a revision or nonsurgical rhinoplasty..

Revision Rhinoplasty Recommended

+1

Much better to wait and get a revision. Fillers are temporary and best to correct only minor assymmetries.

You need a real revision that can be done at 9 months. Most important is to find a surgeon who specializes in these revisions and has done alot successfully. Otherwise you may end up worse.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great choice for revision rhinoplasty

+1

I really like fillers for repairing defects after rhinoplasty for the following reasons.:

1. Fillers are better at contouring small to medium defects than surgery.
  2. Fillers can repair targeted area without having to elevate the skin of other areas.
  3. As a patient you can watch the results real time with your doctor and make suggestions or requests.
  4. You don't have to wait months for the recovery or results.

Good luck in your search for information.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to raise the height of your bridge after previous surgery. Video attached.

+1

I read your concern:

Your swollen bulbous tip will improve over the year. If your bridge is too low, you may be a candidate for a filler treatment. Like Dr. Barnett, my filler of choice in the nose is Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Depending on your condition, you may be a candidate for a treatment.

Feel free to re ask your question with photos.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers Following Rhinoplasty

+1

As it has only been 4 weeks since the surgery, your nose still has a fair amount of swelling and will continue to change in appearance over the next few months.  Given your concerns about what it looks like at this point, I recommend you follow up with the surgeon who performed the rhinoplasty so that he/she may address those concerns.  Regarding injectable fillers, I would recommend waiting at least 4 to 6 months before doing anything.  There are many different fillers used for the non-surgical rhinoplasty. In our practice we use liquid injectable silicone only as it is the most precise and is permanent.  The link below shows before and after photos of nasal imperfections and defects corrected with liquid injectable silicone. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Fillers following rhinoplasty

+1
I would advise consulting with your surgeon as they know exactly what was done and what your outcome should be. That being said 3-6 months following surgery is the soonest I would inject following surgery as risks of complications of fillers in the nose is greatly increased after rhinoplasty.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Injection rhinoplasty after surgery

+1

When can a tissue filler be injected following rhinoplasty is a common question unfortunately. The answer is when the tissues have healed sufficiently for a safe procedure and enough swelling has resolved to judge the amount needed. 4 weeks is too soon, as perhaps only 1/2 the swelling has gone. The earliest I injected is 3 months following over resection by another surgeon.  

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon