Are fillers effective for chin, jawline and cheek augmentation?

For chin, jaw angle, and cheek augmentation are fillers just as good as implants in terms of quality of results? Is the only down side that they have to be repeated? If this is the case why would anyone choose implants considering the potential problems with implants?

Injectable fillers for chin jaw line and cheeks

+1
Fillers, nowadays, are used to correct these areas without minimal complications. I have been using Voluma for over 2 years now and it lasts  for 2 years

Only a few of my patients go for implants anymore. Those that do are fed up with frequent returns. However, with my use of Voluma, less and less are going for a permanent implant 

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler Augmentation instead of implants

+1
If your augmentation needs/desires are moderate, then fillers can certainly do the job. Today's fillers are lasting longer and longer and placement techniques improve all the time.

A well trained and experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon - combined with knowledge of how the tissue compartments beneath the skin affect one another - can do a little bit of "magic" with fillers and muscle relaxers alone.

The right filler for the right purpose is also a key factor. The new Voluma is an outstanding mid face lift and fill product that can have you looking like you were born with some great genetic structure - even when you weren't! And it lasts a LONG time - up to 2 years.

Sculptra is still a wonder product and can be used in nearly every area for sculpting in lost volume or augmentation.

Implants come into play when the bone structure is so lacking that fillers simply aren't an option.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Fillers for chin, jawline augmentation

+1
I love using fillers to enhance the chin, jawline and cheeks. The subtle placement of fillers in the chin and at the angle of the jaw can significantly improve a loose, lax look of aging.   In addition, fillers in the cheek often help raise the entire cheek and give a "lifted" look to the face. Multiple fillers may be used in these areas including Radiesse, Voluma, Restylane and Juvederm. As always, just be sure have treatment done by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has extensive practice with fillers. Good luck!

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Fillers are great for chin, jawline and cheeks

+1
I love using fillers in these areas and think that they are an excellent choice. As your face changes with age so might your needs and you might not want anything permanent at this point. Radiesse and Perlane and Voluma are good choices for the cheeks. I prefer radiesse for chins as it is a bit thicker and firmer than Perlane and I have not tried Voluma  for this so do not know. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

+1
Yes!  Fillers are a great way to augment the chin, cheek and jawline!  I use different materials for the different areas.  Although they are temporary, the products can produce the desired results.

Radiesse for chin, cheeks, and jawline

+1
I prefer Radiesse injections to augment the chin, jawline, and cheeks.  We get great results with using a thicker filler for these areas.  Implants provide a more permanent result, but many of our patients do not want to undergo surgery or have a permanent foreign object implanted.  It is important to ensure that your physician or injector has excellent training and experience with these areas.  Complications can occur with a novice injector. 

Tricia Brown, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Implants versus fillers

+1
Yes, they can be very esthetic. but the amount you need and the duration of each sessional volume is quite costly over time. The use of implants can be very successful and has been used for many many years in most areas of the face with success. But, if you prefer, it can be done with fillers

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon