Could Fillers Help with my Nose? (photo)

After rhinoplasty the bridge of my nose seems to dissapear when i smile and my nose widens, also my nose points upward and my nostrils show too much. could fillers help with this?

Filler to Build Bridge with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, non-surgical rhinoplasty with facial fillers (Restylane, Radiesse, etc) can be used to help build the bridge or improve the profile in appropriate patients. Revision rhinoplasty would otherwise be required with cartilage or other material. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Daph84,

• Non surgical fillers can be used to raise the bridge and make the bridge look more narrow
  • It will define the tip just a little bit
  • It will not help with the extra nostril show either
  • For all of your problems, you may just be better off with a revision rhinoplasty

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

No bridge and wide nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1

Without pre-op pictures it is hard to comment on your surgical result.  Looking at where you are now it seems as though the bridge is too low and the nose overall is too wide.  Fillers will not reliably improve things.  A graft for the dorsum and a narrowing of the nostril base would probably get you closer to where you want to be.  Discuss this with your surgeon (is he/she certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?) and get a composite of pre- and post-op pictures so you can see your progress.  If you go to another surgeon for another opinion bring the pre- and post-op pictures with you.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Role of fillers in Rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers are becoming more common to address post rhinoplasty irregularities.  The choice of filler and the reason for nonsurgical intervention have to considered carefully.  You may be able to add some filler such as Radiesse or Restylane to the bridge of your nose to give it more definition.  Fillers in the tip can cause serious issues especially with skin death so is not recommended. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon