Fillers for Frown Lines on a 25 Year Old?

Hello doctors. I am considering getting facial fillers on my frown lines. I am 25 years old, I gained a bit of weight in a few yrs and I am wondering if this is due to fat on the face or just well...frowning.

About a few years ago, I did not see these lines so can they disappear if I lose some weight and keep smiling: )?

PS: I also found my doctor on here for my Rhinoplasty and he did an awesome job I may add (my nose was very bulbous and broad).

Fillers for nasolabial folds

+1

Hi Apearlisapearl,

From the looks of your photo, I take it you are referring to the folds around your mouth area known as the nasolabial folds. For these, soft tissue fillers work very well. If you are very bothered by them it is reasonable to have a little filler such as Juvederm or Restylane used. I would not use something like Radiesse at this point. Since this is a new procedure for you, it is best to have something placed that is not as long lasting or bulky as Radiesse.

Another good example would be maybe prevelle silk, because it has lidocaine pre-mixed and only lasts 4 months. It is generally more affodable too. I think it is best to get your feet wet something like this since this would be a new experience. Also, from the photo, your folds appear to be more moderate. When we think of frown lines, we typically refer to the lines between your brows and forehead when we frown. For this, Botox is necessary.

I actually do recommend that women in their late 20's to early 30's get Botox as a preventative measure even if they are not yet borrowed by the few wrinkles they may already have. If you are unable to move those muscles to frown, you are unable to deepen you wrinkles and form new ones. Of course, everyone is different and one person may have deeper lines and wrinkles at age 27 than another person has at age 32.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

BOTOX is the treatment of choice for frown lines in a 25 year old woman.

+1

Your photos do not demonstrate frown lines: the vertical "number 11" that can form between your eyebrows. Since these wrinkles are early, you'll likely benefit from a BOTOX treatment. I typically do not recommend Injectable Fillers to correct frown lines in women your age.

Facial wrinkles usually do not become more pronounced with weight gain. In fact, wrinkles usually become more noticeable with weight loss. You should certainly eat a healthful diet, exercise, get to your ideal weight, and keep smiling.

I'm really pleased that you obtained a great Rhinoplasty result with the help of my RealSelf colleagues. Cheers!

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Frown lines and laugh lines treatment with facial fillers

+1

Frown lines refer to those skin wrinkles that appear between the eyebrows on or above the root of the nose. Laugh lines or nasolabial folds run from the outer edges of the nose to the corners of the mouth.

From the photo I gather you are referring to the nasolabial folds. The current methods of treating nasolabial folds include use of fillers (such as free fat grafts, injection of restylene, Juvederm, Radiesse, or others, placement of human collagen sheets or insertion of goretex threads) or mid-face lifting.

Certainly in a 25 year old today virtually every doctor would recommend a filler. Most of my patients opt for Radiesse because it gives instant results with almost no down time/recovery time and it lasts longer than other injectable fillers.

Aaron Stone, MD