Can Fillers for Chin Augmentation Be Reversed if Not Happy with Appearance?

Reversing chin augmentation with fillers

+1

It is possible to reverse chin augmentation done using hyaluronic acid fillers such as restylane, juvederm, or perlane. An enzyme (hyaluronidase) can be injected to dissolve the filler if you want the augmentation reversed.

Other fillers such as Radiesse can't be reversed but will dissipate on their own with time.

Fillers and chin augmentation

+1

Hello, and sorry you are not happy with your procedure. The enzyme hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve filler if you are unhappy with the end result. Was too much injected, or are you just not happy with the general appearance of your chin? I would recommend visiting the physician who performed your augmentation and expressing your concerns. He or she should be able to provide you with the best advice on how to improve the issue. Thank you and best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Fillers for chin augmentation

+1

There are several different fillers that could be used to augment the chin.  The only ones that could be easily reversed would be any of the hyaluronic acid fillers, like Restylane and Juvederm.  These can be reversed with an injection of a medicine into the area.  There are other fillers that would last longer, but they would not be able to be reversed.  Most would just take time to dissipate.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon