Using Fillers for Building Dorsum?

Do fillers work in an aggressively resected dorsum caused by surgery? . Can a straight or straighter profile be achieved.?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Fillers for nose bridge augmentation after aggressive rhinoplasty by another doctor

+1

Non surgical rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty with fillers is a very valid option and one that was not appealing a few years ago but has gained more popularity.  The procedure should be done by a doctor who understands nasal anatomy and aesthetic proportions of the nose.  Certain longer lasting fillers should be avoided in the nose due to their higher risk of infection and scarring and nodules.  I like restylane for this purpose.  This is a very common procedure on Asian patients and even some African American or Hispanic or even caucasian patients.  

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com/non-surgical-rhinoplasty/augmentative-rhinoplasty/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depending on your condition, your over-resected nasal bridge may be improved with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.

+2

In my experience I have had great success raising an over-resected nasal dorsum with fillers. My experience is strictly with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Feel free to re ask your question with photos for the RealSelf experts to view and comment on.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repairing a rhinoplasty with tissue filler

+1

An over resected dorsum is an excellent indication for an injection rhinoplasty. The improvement can be precisely and accurately done. Occassionally a second injection a week or two later is needed if a large change is required.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to build the dorsum of the nose

+1

Fillers have now been widely used in experienced & trained hands such as dermatologists and plastic surgeons to safely build up the dorsum of the nose. Juvederm, restylane, perlane, and radiesse can be used, as well as even other fillers.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for nose correction

+1

I have used fillers very successfully for improving contours of the nose and revising scars etc. It does work well for contouring . It is not permanent in most cases and is what is called an off-label use of the products. You need to speak with your surgeon or another facial plastic surgeon before injecting following rhinoplasty as there is a much higher risk of serious complications with this procedure once surgery has been performed 

Boulder Dermatologist

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Whether fillers are best to address your dorsum depend on the current state of your nose.  For overly resected dorsums, fillers may help achieve a straighter profile but you may want to consider a more permanent intervention.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best help you achieve the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Using Fillers for Building the Nose Dorsum?

+1

A variety of long lasting fillers have shown themselves to be useful in camouflaging minor irregularities of the slope / back of the nose. Their success depoends on the length and with of the irregulaity. However, they are not a substitute to a significant absence of the nose dorsum ("Scoop Nose") caused by an large over-resection. Such cases are still better treated with a graft (cartilage for example.