Using Fillers for Building Dorsum?

Do fillers work in an aggressively resected dorsum caused by surgery? . Can a straight or straighter profile be achieved.?

Depending on your condition, your over-resected nasal bridge may be improved with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.

+2

In my experience I have had great success raising an over-resected nasal dorsum with fillers. My experience is strictly with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Feel free to re ask your question with photos for the RealSelf experts to view and comment on.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repairing a rhinoplasty with tissue filler

+1

An over resected dorsum is an excellent indication for an injection rhinoplasty. The improvement can be precisely and accurately done. Occassionally a second injection a week or two later is needed if a large change is required.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to build the dorsum of the nose

+1

Fillers have now been widely used in experienced & trained hands such as dermatologists and plastic surgeons to safely build up the dorsum of the nose. Juvederm, restylane, perlane, and radiesse can be used, as well as even other fillers.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for nose correction

+1

I have used fillers very successfully for improving contours of the nose and revising scars etc. It does work well for contouring . It is not permanent in most cases and is what is called an off-label use of the products. You need to speak with your surgeon or another facial plastic surgeon before injecting following rhinoplasty as there is a much higher risk of serious complications with this procedure once surgery has been performed 

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Whether fillers are best to address your dorsum depend on the current state of your nose.  For overly resected dorsums, fillers may help achieve a straighter profile but you may want to consider a more permanent intervention.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Using Fillers for Building the Nose Dorsum?

+1

A variety of long lasting fillers have shown themselves to be useful in camouflaging minor irregularities of the slope / back of the nose. Their success depoends on the length and with of the irregulaity. However, they are not a substitute to a significant absence of the nose dorsum ("Scoop Nose") caused by an large over-resection. Such cases are still better treated with a graft (cartilage for example.