Will Fillers Help Fix Under Eye Hollowness?

Hello, I am almost 17 and I have genetic dark under eye hollowness in both eyes. I am wondering if I could use dermal fillers (like Juvederm/Restylane) to correct them. Thanks for your responses.

Lower eyelid hollowness may be improved with a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment.

+2

I reviewed your photo and resd your concerns. You have several eyelid issues:

1) You have congenital ptosis (droopiness) of both upper eyelids.

2) You have scleral show (appearance of white below your lower eyelid margin) of both lower eyelids.

3) You have congenital lower eyelid grooves (hollowness). I have had good success filling lower eyelid congenital hollowness. You should consult several dermatologists or facial plastic surgeons experienced in the art of filling this delicate area, and see many favorable photos before proceeding.

I hope you find this helpful.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler injection for hollow under the eyes

+2

From the photos it is apparent that you have more than just hollow lower eyes. The edge of the lower eyelids is low so the whites of the eyes show under the iris on forward gaze. The outer corners of the eye are lower than the inner corners especially on the left. The photos do not depict whether the cheek bone recedes from the vertical plane of the cornea or meets it. All these factors need to be addressed and considered before you go just injecting filler under the eyes. Some of these may be improved with filler injection but I doubt all would go away just with a filler injection.

Aaron Stone, MD

Seventeen is a bit young in our experience

+1

Seventeen would be a bit younger than we have treated but I have treated patients in there mid twenties with good result and efficacy.

The fillers you mention : Juvederm, Restylane have worked well

Good luck

J. Timothy Heffernan, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon