'm very unhappy with the change in appearance after weight loss at 38, Am I a candidate for a face lift? (photo)

I have lost weight and have another 13kg to go. Now I'm seeing a much older face. I A sunken look to the cheeks, around the mouth and formation of early jowls, some loose neck skin. Ideally I'd like to go for a face lift, but have some extra weight to lose first. would certain fillers give me a temporary lift in the mean time whilst losing weight such as juvederm voluma and or sculptura? Many thanks

Fillers can help with deep lines, but not with loose skin.

Having extra firmness in the skin does help you look younger, and losing lots of weight can leave behind loose skin due to volume loss throughout the face (and rest of the body) that can contribute to a prematurely aged look. Fillers may work as a short-term solution for specific wrinkles (such as the nasolabial folds) if you still haven’t reached your target weight and maintained it steadily for several months. Over the long-term, though, fillers won’t do anything to firm lax skin or eliminate problems like “turkey neck” or visible jowling. After you do reach your weight loss goal, schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon to see what your best options are.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

2304 Wesvill Court
Raleigh, NC 27607-2981

Weight loss and facelift at age 38

If you are undergoing a massive weight loss you may be a candidate at that age. It's important to be down to your ideal body weight, and lose any more weight first, before undergoing a facelift. A full set of photographs are required to make a judgment call whether or not a facelift is needed. For many examples, please see the link below  to our facelift photo gallery.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Facelifts after weight loss

Part of the triad of aging in the face is loss of volume - the others being sun damage and descent of the tissues

For this reason patients who loose large volumes of weight which is to be congratulated, often end up with signs of premature aging in the face.

When it comes to the decision between surgical and non surgical rejuvination - ie fillers vs facelift- everyone needs to be assessed on an individual basis.  Age is not so much the determinant, but more a case of what anatamically needs to be addressed.

Seeking the opinion of an expert is the first step and then plan treatment as needed from there.

All the best, and good job on the weight losss

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

180 Ocean Street
Sydney, NSW 2027

Facelift after weight loss

Unfortunately, losing weight tends to "deflate" your face and body. Different people end up with diferent problems. Yes, fillers would help "inflate" it once again but I would just recommend saving your money and doing what you need to have done! I use some of the extra tissue to build out the hollowness quite effectively. Procedure is done as an outpatient and I can do it under a total local anesthetic without a general Recovery from heavy activity is two weeks usually and light activity several days usually. In fact, you probably would look better initially because of the swelling!
   You should be within 15 pounds of what you want your weight to be.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

1441 Avocado Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92660

M very unhappy with the change in appearance after weight loss at 38, Am I a candidate for a face lift?

Yes, losing a significant amount of weight can cause facial skin to sag.  No worries, though, as a facelift can rejuvenate your face!  As for the fillers, this can fill areas and sculpt faces, but the sagging skin after a major weight loss is best addressed with surgery.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Finacea losing weight before facelift

Based on your photograph I do think you'll eventually have a good result from a facelift.

However you certainly do not want to have a facelift and then continued to lose weight because the facial skin will sag again.  It is best to continue with your weight loss before investing in a facelift.

In the meantime dermal fillers in the cheek area would restore some facial volume and give you comfort.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

From the limited view you posted: I feel that fillers or facial fat grafting my not work for you at this point. You also have neck laxity that warrants surgery anyway.
Regardless, you need to be done with weight loss, wait at least 3 months and then get evaluated in person, for the best outcome. Good luck.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

436 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Facelift and weight loss

I would lose the weight first then seek treatment with either fillers, facelifting, fat grafting , etc..

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Facelift after weight loss

It is best to consider surgery after your weight is stabilised. Fillers are not very good at improving skin laxity & excess in these cases. 

Ash Mosahebi, MBBS, FRCS FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

18 Devonshire St
London, London W1G 7AE

Loose facial skin after weight-loss.

Loose facial skin after weight loss can be corrected with a facelift once you have achieved your desired weight. I would save your money for the surgery because the facelift will correct the problems you have much better than fillers. See a very experienced facelift surgery for the best results.  

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210