Do Fillers Complicate Future Surgeries?

if someone wants to get surgeries or implants in the future, like cheek and nose but dont want to go under the knife quite yet, so they just want to dabble with fillers for a temporary fix, are they complicating or increasing negative risks for their future surgeries because the area isn't "virgin" anymore. Do fillers technically "devirginize" that surgical area and make things more complicated?

Fillers don't complicate future surgeries.

+2

The use of fillers and botox won't have any adverse effects on future surgery and probably will buy you some time anyway.  Good Luck.

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and surgery

+1

Fillers can make surgery a bit more complicated.  They will mask the true anatomy and may affect the results and dissection of the tissue during surgery.

Dermal fillers and facial implants

+1

Part of that depends on your doctor, how the fillers are used and which specific filler is used. Personally I use fillers for different indications than a facial implant like a cheek implant. Since they are placed in different positions under the skin I have not found this to be a problem. Because sculptra is a mild irritant that promotes a response by the body if you use it in place of a cheek implant there is a risk that the surgical placement and/or end result of a cheek implant may be at least partially compromised. This risk is much less so with inert fillers like restylane.

If you are thinking of having a temporary filler injected to simulate the result of a facial implant before actually getting the implant I would advise against it. It is much cheaper to have the surgeon inject some harmless saline and/or local anesthetic to temporarily simulate the look of the implant.

Fillers do not complicate futher surgeries

+1

Fillers are terrific and you should consider in consultatio with your doctor-in general I have not found that previus use of fillers causes any dificulty.

hope this helps

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers do not compromise future surgeries

+1

Feel free to give fillers a try!  You might find that they accomplish just what you wanted.  Ask your plastic surgeon or dermatologist about the HA fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane), as well as the collagen-stimulators (Radiesse and Sculptra). I'm particularly fond of Sculptra for overall facial rejuvenation--it gives a natural, gradual result that lasts 2-5 years.  Some fillers are better or more appropriate than others in certain areas of the face, so be sure you're seeing someone who does a lot of these procedures.