Do Fillers Block the Effectiveness of Retin-A?

I understand that both Retin-A and fillers (like Jeverdem) stimulate collagen. But does the filler inhibit maximum effectiveness of Retin-by blocking the Retin-A from penetrating the skin as deeply as it should. In other words, I am wondering if I should use fillers at all if I am using Retin-A. Maybe the fillers would ad nothing significant to the work of Retin-A in terms of collagen production.

Fillers and Retin-A

+2

A combination of fillers and Retin-A will only be complimentary to your appearance, achieving different result via different mechanisms.  There is no cross reactivity and no inhibition of effect with either treatment.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Retin A + Filler = More Beautiful You

+2

Think of it this way: The Retin A is the best answer for your Skin Envelope.

The filler is the answer to the loss of volume that occurs as patients get older. So, for the best face you can have, you use them together!

Hope this helps you!

Beverly Johnson, MD
Washington DC Dermatologist

Retin-A and soft tissue fillers

+2

Retin-A is a topical treatment and it should not effect at all the effectiveness of a soft tissue filler.  Just be careful with your skin for the first few days after an injection as the skin can be tender.