Should I Get Lip Fillers Before Fraxel? Does It Matter?

I would like to have filler in my upper lip. (I have had it before and I love the look of no lipstick lines) I am scheduled to have the first of three fraxel treatments in Mid-April. (Fraxel Refresh, not Repair) Should I have the filler done after Fraxel or does it matter?

Fillers before or after Fraxel

+1

Fillers and fractional resurfacing truly compliment one another in the perioral area.  Technically, it does not matter which procedure is done first.  Since you have had filler in your upper lip before, and have in mind the desired outcome from the filler; I would have your lips filled within the next week or so.  I say this because you have mentioned that you are scheduled for a non-ablative fractional resurfacing mid-April.  Ideally, I have my patients wait 2 weeks between these procedures, no matter which is being done first.  To optimize the outcome of the laser, plan to treat 3-5 times.  Best of luck!

Hollywood Dermatologic Surgeon

Timing of fillers and Fraxel laser treatment

+1

Filler can be placed before or after starting a series of Fraxel laser treatments. Wait several days or a week after a filler is placed before having a Fraxel laser session. This allows for the swelling from the filler placement to subside. The filler won't be harmed by Fraxel because the filler is placed at a deeper level than the laser energy can go. 

If you have a Fraxel first, then wait until all the obvious swelling and tissue reaction has subsided before having a filler placed. Both lip filler and Fraxel laser treatments are very rewarding things to do. 

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Can do fillers before fraxel refresh

+1
Do the fillers whenever you want. Fraxel won't impact the filler. Restylane, or whatever your treating the lips with, is deeper than the Fraxel will go.
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.