I Have Used Fillers and Botox for over 15 Years and Want a Facelift, How Can I Dissolve the Botox?

I have used facial fillers and Botox for 15 years. I am 58. I want to have a face lift can Wydase or Hylenex be used to remove the product that is currently in my face. I have not had any Botox or filler for over 3 months. I don't want have a facelift and then have the remaining product wear off and need more cosmentic work. Any advise is appreciated.

Fillers and Facelift work hand in hand, not against each other

+1

Without an exam or even photos I cannot give you an accurate answer. but it doesn't make sense to me to remove your fillers prior to a face lift as one procedure doesn't replace the other. Everyone  ages by three factors:  sagging (through gravity and time), loss of volume (counteracted by fillers), and skin texture (determined by environmental and genetic factors). Your fillers should enhance your effect of the lifting if placed appropriately by addressing one of the causes of aging..Most often one of these factors are more out of balance than another and therefore your procedures should customize for what is most needed. Often fillers alone can "stall" the inevitable as they only correct one aspect of aging.
Facelift and Skin resurfacing procedures (laser, Ulthera or Thermage ) and fillers are synergistic so as long as you wait until the filler injection site is soft you should do fine. The Botox has already worn off after 3 months or so. Not a problem and there is no problem with the timing for a facelift. Sculptra, Radiesse, Jeuvederm, Restylane, your own fat (fat transfer) and other fillers address volume issues, resurfacing procedures corrects surface flaws associated with aging and face lifting addresses the sagging loose skin. Resurfacing procedures address skin texture, color variation (e.g. sun spots)- so all three are synergistic and complementary. It is very common in my practice to do all three approaches to rejuvenation at the same time

Botox and facelift

+1

There should be no problem with having a face lift and having had Botox three months ago. It has almost worn off completely.  Just let your plastic surgeon know the areas of treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Facelift after Botox and Fillers

+1

.The Botox will have worn off by the time you could schedule a facelift. The presence of Botox would have no effect on the results of your surgery. You do not mention what fillers or how much you have used. Wydase will only dissolve the hyaluronic fillers. My recommendation would depend on where the filler was placed but if there is any doubt, wait until the filler has dissolved. You should know the answer to that because you have used these products for 15 years.

Botox has no reversal agent

+1

Botox/Dysport and other botulinum toxin products cannot be reversed, but they will wear off ~4 months after injection.  With respect to the filler products, Wydase can be used to dissolve hyaluronic acid based products, but this may not be necessary.  If you had good results from the fillers, it probably isn't worth the trouble to dissolve them.  They will not interfere with a facelift or other facial rejuvenation procedures for the most part.

I would recommend consultation with a qualified facial plastic surgeon to help get recommendations which will best fit your needs and desires.    He/she can address your concerns regarding the Botox and fillers and help formulate the best plan for you.  

After surgery, you may choose to use fillers and Botox judiciously to help enhance your results over the long term.

Good luck!

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree that several consultations with experienced Face Lift Surgeons would be in your best interest.  However, despite claims to the contrary, no one particular group or organization of surgeons be they Facial Plastic Surgeons, Cosmetic Surgeons or General Plastic Surgeongs can claim superiority over others so IMHO select your Face Lift Surgeon based on their ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Just give it a few months

+1

To address your concern, I would wait 6-9 months from your last botox treatment.   After this time period, the botox effects should be gone.   Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best of luck

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Facelifts and Botox

+1

It is best advised to let any fillers or Botox wear off before undergoing a facelift, unless you do your facelift at your normal injector's office, who will be fully aware of your facial movements, lines, and functions. Nothing dissolves Botox - only time. Hyaluronidase (or Wydase) only works on fillers - HA fillers - so it cannot break down other compounds like Botox, Dysport, or Radiesse. I have had many patients undergo facelifts while they have Botox or fillers active, but if you truly want to get everything to its bare minimum, you're going to have to wait until you return to your full baseline which will be about 6-9 months for the fillers, and 3-4 months for the Botox.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Just wait.

+1

I would simply wait until the Botox effect has completely worn off.  The time necessary for this will vary - depending on how well you have kept up with treatments and how long your Botox has lasted in the past.  3 months may be long enough or it could take 6 or even 9.  The best way to know it has worn off is to periodically test the muscles that have been injected.  When they seem to be back at full strength/activity, and it is consistent, that is the time to go ahead with your facial rejuvenation plans.  There is no way to speed up the process.  Try to be patient.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon