Fillers After Re:pair?

I had fraxel re:pair done 6 days ago for my severe acne scarring. There are about 4 scars on my face that are still relatively noticeable and I would like to have some fillers to improve their appearance. My follow-up appointment is in 2 days. Three Questions: How quickly after re:pair would this be possible, what kind of filler would be recommended, and what type of price tag would I be looking at as I just spent $4,500 on the laser with subcision. Thanks in advance!

Fillers with Fraxel

+1

I like to combine the Fraxel Repair and fillers for acne scars, and typically wait at least 2 weeks, sometimes 4 weeks after the treatment to use a filler like Belotero (which can be injected superficially) or an injectable like Laviv (which stimulates one's own collagen).

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Safe to Use Filers After Fraxel

+1

Thank you for your question. It is safe to use fillers adjunctively to improvve acne scars to after Fraxel Repair treatment.  Hyaluronic acids such as Restylane, Juviderm, or Belotero would be appropriate.  Radiesse is also a reasonable option.  One syringe should be sufficient.  The average cost of fillers can be gleaned from the real self site. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon