Will I Need Fillers After Macs Face Lift Due to Uneven Jaw Line? (photo)
- Asked by Fair Vanity
- 1 year ago
I had a macs face lift three months ago .I also had fat grafting to both cheeks as I had a thin face Unfortunately the fat just disappeared as my cheeks are still thin close to my mouth.I would like to know please will I need fillers to even out the jaw line ?I do not like injections and would prefer something more lasting than fillers which was why I had the face lift..I am pleased with the results but not completely so due to the jaw lines hollow on both cheeks.
Definitive face lift needed
The issue is unfortunately that while a MACS lift is appropriate for some, others like you will not see enough of a result to adequately correct your issues. You need a true SMAS face lift which will adequately elevate your deep tissues enough to improve your jowls.
I would not recommend further fillers for these issues.
Fat grafts may need to be repeated
Adding fat to the face during a facelift has been a wonderful addition to our repetoire. Unfortunately, not all the fat survives and it is not uncommon to need a second or even a third fat graft session.
Happy with Facelift Results except Hollowing of Cheeks
If there is a volume deficit that you want corrected permanently, fat grafting is a great alternative. This may require 2 sessions to fill the areas. Though some of the fat resorbs, it is usually only 30% at most.
Will I Need Fillers After Macs Face Lift Due to Uneven Jaw Line?
In my opinion based upon the posted photos your result is very minimal at best. Either revision lifting with correct implanted fat grafts or fillers can correct your issues.
Dear Fair Vanity,
- There are different types of facelifts and they should be able to straighten the jawline and improve the neck contour
- Without seeing you in person, I think there are a couple of options
- A filler for the area just to the sides of your chin such as fat, Radiesse, Restylane or Juvederm
- Fat grafts should be permanent, and sometimes a touch up is required
- The second option is a more comprehensive facelift that will address those areas
- I would bring up your concerns to your surgeon and see what he recommends
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.