Will I Need Fillers After Macs Face Lift Due to Uneven Jaw Line? (photo)

I had a macs face lift three months ago .I also had fat grafting to both cheeks as I had a thin face Unfortunately the fat just disappeared as my cheeks are still thin close to my mouth.I would like to know please will I need fillers to even out the jaw line ?I do not like injections and would prefer something more lasting than fillers which was why I had the face lift..I am pleased with the results but not completely so due to the jaw lines hollow on both cheeks.

Definitive face lift needed

+2

The issue is unfortunately that while a MACS lift is appropriate for some, others like you will not see enough of a result to adequately correct your issues.  You need a true SMAS face lift which will adequately elevate your deep tissues enough to improve your jowls.

I would not recommend further fillers for these issues.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Prejowl sulcus

+1
I see in the photo the slightly more depressed contour on the right.  This would take a significant amount of filler to correct which could get expensive.  For this reason, I would recommend a second attempt at fat grafting the prejowl sulcus.  This can be done safely ad comfortably in the office setting.

Web reference: http://thomassenplasticsurgery.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafts may need to be repeated

+1

Adding fat to the face during a facelift has been a wonderful addition to our repetoire. Unfortunately, not all the fat survives and it is not uncommon to need a second or even a third fat graft session.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Happy with Facelift Results except Hollowing of Cheeks

+1

If there is a volume deficit that you want corrected permanently, fat grafting is a great alternative.  This may require 2 sessions to fill the areas.  Though some of the fat resorbs, it is usually only 30% at most. 

Will I Need Fillers After Macs Face Lift Due to Uneven Jaw Line?

+1

In my opinion based upon the posted photos your result is very minimal at best. Either revision lifting with correct implanted fat grafts or fillers can correct your issues. 

Uneven jawline

+1

Dear Fair Vanity,

• There are different types of facelifts and they should be able to straighten the jawline and improve the neck contour
  • Without seeing you in person, I think there are a couple of options
  • A filler for the area just to the sides of your chin such as fat, Radiesse, Restylane or Juvederm
  • Fat grafts should be permanent, and sometimes a touch up is required
  • The second option is a more comprehensive facelift that will address those areas
  • I would bring up your concerns to your surgeon and see what he recommends

Nima Shemirani