Recommended Fillers for African American Women?

I'm African American and is interested in fillers for the nose and smile lines. What fillers works best on women of color and are there any side effects that affect us specifically? Have you done this procedure on women of color ?

Radiesse is a good filler for nasolabial areas no matter the ethnicity

+1

Have a darker complexion makes no difference to the type of filler for the nasolabial areas. Radiesse does well here since it lasts about a yr and is very economical at $650 per 1.5 cc syringe. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for Afro-American women

+1

Yes, I have done this procedure on women of color specifically Afro-American women and Indian women. They do not seem to be any different than women of any other race with respect to fillers in the laugh-smile lines. I prefer Radiesse in this area because of its longevity but you could get equally appearing results with other fillers. I do not like injecting fillers into the nose because of the high risk of lumps because there is not much tissue between the skin surface and the underlying bone or cartilage.

Aaron Stone, MD