Would Fillers Affect Future Results of a Facelift or Necklift?

Would a filler like Restylane, placed in the inner, upper eyelid junctionin any way alter the outcome of a future lower facelift and necklift? Thank you

Fillers complement a facelift when done correctly

+1

Facelift and fillers are synergistic so as long as you wait until the Restylane injection site is soft you should do fine.
Not a problem and there is no problem with the timing for a facelift. Restylane, Jeuvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, and other fillers address volume issues associated with aging and face lifting addresses the sagging loose skin - so both are synergistic and complementary

Combination Treatments Can Provide a More Natural Looking Appearance

+1

No, having a filler placed in the inner, upper eyelid area now will not alter the results of a future lower facelift and necklift. In fact, many patients achieve the best anti-aging results when combination treatments are used. I often combine filler treatments with surgical facelifts and/or necklifts in order to address both loss of volume and skin laxity issues. The combination of filler and surgical treatments can provide a much more natural looking appearance. Just make sure your plastic surgeon knows that you have had filler injections prior to surgery.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/facelift.html

Filler injections earlier in life will NOT affect facelift safety or results later in life

+1

Hi there-

You should be able to proceed without concern, provided your filler injections (and the facelift, for that matter) are performed be well-trained and qualified physicians.

For fillers, be sure your doctor is Board Certified by The American Board of Dermatology or The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

For your facelift, you absolutely want a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Fillers will not affect future facelift or necklift surgery

+1

No, fillers will not have any affect whatsoever on the facelift or necklift.  Fillers are best placed in the nasolabial folds and the lips and this is not the area that a facelift or necklift addresses.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Fillers and facelift

+1

NO, they should not interfere with fillers. The fillers will probably be gone in months anyway!! I have done facelifts and found the fillers, esp radiesse in place as a white material.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and facelift results, fat transfer

+1

It is quite common to address periorbital (under eye) hollows and tear troughs with fillers and fat transfer (my preference) when having facelift sugery. There is no problem whatsoever as these are 2 separate issues. In general it is better to use a less dense filler such as Juvederm or Restylane or Prevelle silk than thicker fillers such as Perlane, Juvederm ultra plus, or Radiesse around the periorbital region in my opinion. I believe fat transfer is the best approach in experienced hands. A newer alternative is Selphyl, which consists of your own blood platelets in a collagen matrix, which is very effective in this area as well.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effect of Fillers on Future Facelift

+1

Fillers placed in the upper eyelid will have no effect on future facelift or necklift surgery, which will not change the eyelids. Consult with a surgeon who can do  all your rejuvenation work.

Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane

+1

No a filler in the upper eyelid will not affect the results of a future facelift or neck lift. These will be absorbed within 3 to 6 months. However the use of fillers in the thin skin of the eyelids needs to be carried out judiciously since they can easily show.

Filler and facelift

+1

In answer to your question there would be no problem in placing a filler such as Restylane in the eyelid area prior to a face lift. A face lift does not treat the upper or lower eyelid area so injecting a filler in that area would not compromise the results of a face lift.

If someone were planning to inject a filler in the nasolabial area (the line or fold that is visible from the nose to the top of the mouth) and have a face lift within a few weeks of surgery, then I would suggest waiting on the filler until after the face lift. The face lift will decrease the depth of that line or fold and you and your surgeon may decide that you are happy with the results of the face lift and there is no need for further enhancement in that area.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and Face lifts

+1

A Filler administered to the upper eyelid should have little if any effect on performing a neck and face lift. The eye regions may swell with any surgery of the head and neck but this will not be a long term issue.