Can Fillers Achieve the High Cheekbone Look? Like Model Cheekbones or Will Implant Be Better?

i already have decent highish cheekbones i was wondering if i did not want a cheek implant, could fillers achieve a high cheekbone look? Also lets say one side of my cheek is flatter and make that side face more sunken, can surgeons just put a cheek implant in one side as the other side is fine?

Options for High Cheekbone Appearance

+1

Although an exam by a board certified surgeon is best here are some guidelines to help you make a decision. In general both fillers and implants can achieve your desire for high cheekbones.

Cheek Augmentation Options:
Cheek implants are permanent and predictable.  Fat Grafting (fat transfer) is also permanent but less predictable. Fat grafting is done by lipoinjection but not all of the transferred fat lives. Either method can improve your appearance.   You will have to weigh Fillers vs Fat Grafting or using an implant.

Pro: Fat Transfer by lipoinjection is more of a permanent solution as is use of an implant.                               
    Con: Because the amount of fat that survives is variable you may need to do additional treatments. Further as the fat transferred behaves like fat from the donor site, if you gain a lot of weight the fat transfer will also increase with volume. Implants are foreign bodies and rarely can become infected or dislodged.

Pro: Fillers: such as Radiesse, Jeuvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Sculptra and others can give you an idea of your improvement and if you are unhappy with it, it will dissipate over time.  On the other hand, if you like what you see, then you may want to go ahead with fat transfer of placement of an implant.

Fillers for the cheeks

+1

An exam would be necessary to give you precise advice, but in general, fillers are great for the cheeks. I like to use Perlane or Radiesse to fill in the entire cheek (not just the cheekbone). It's important to do the whole area for natural-looking volume and shape. It restores the face shape without looking like cheek implants. I hope this helps, and best of luck! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Cheek implants or fillers?

+1

Cheek implants or fillers? This is a common question and photos would be best. Fillers are temporary 1-2 years and implants are permanent--your choice.

Fillers vs. Implants for Cheek augmentation

+1

For modest augmentation of the cheeks, or where there is only minimal asymmetry I would lean toward a filler. For more significantly flat cheeks an implant offers more volume and of course a long term result. Where implants improve, but don't completely correct the situation a combination of both implants and fillers may be helpful. Fillers can give patients a preview of what an implant can do if they decide to go that route at a later date. If your surgeon thinks you are a good candidate for an implant and you haven't any serious reservations about surgery I would recommend going that route. Your surgeon should be able to lay out all the options and the benefits of each approach. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

+1

We often use Fillers (I prefer using Perlane) for Cheek Augmentation.  However, any filler used for this purpose, while effective, does not have the inherent curvature and strength that a Cheek Implant would provide.  Fillers, IMHO, offer a glimpse of what your cheeks could and should like aesthetically and then if this is something that you want permanently, Cheek Implants would be considered.

I often tell patients that I will consider using Cheek Implants for Cheek Augmentation when they are aesthetically indicated and the existing cheek volume is 60% or less of the ideal, aesthetic shape desired.  If the existing cheek is greater than 60% of the ideal volume, implants may result in an "over-done" puppet like appearance which is not aesthetically attractive.

Shaping the face and cheeks with fillers or Implants requires a thorough understanding of the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more youthful and attractive face.  Hope this helps.

Fillers for cheek bones

+1

Fillers can definitely be used to achieve a higher cheek bone.  Implants work as well and sometimes a filler may be better for one person while an implant may be better for another.  It is possible to just place an implant on one side, although it may be difficult to achieve perfect symmetry.  Depending on how different the two sides are, it's possible that the filler or the implant could work better.  You really would need to be seen in person to determine what option would work best for you.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon