Got Hit in Cheek After Receiving Filler 34hrs Ago?

i had filler for my cheeks 34 hr ago , and this morning i got hit by door accidentally, is there any possibility tht my filler changed in position?

Juvederm for the cheeks

+1

There was probably no harm done to your filler but you may have some additional swelling for a while.  Wait 2 weeks and if you think the filler has shifted, please see your injector.

Toronto Dermatologist

Dealing with Position Change of Filler

+1

Thank you for your question. Excessive and deep massaging or product migration may change the position of the filler within 2 weeks of the treatment. Abrupt blunt trauma likely shouldn't impact the positioning of the product. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Hit in the cheek after having treatment with filler

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about your accident. It is not likely this affected your result, but it would not hurt to contact your physician and let him or her know. They will be able to fix any asymmetries that may have occurred from the door hitting your cheek. Thank you and I hope this helps!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Trauma to cheek after dermal filler, will this change my outcome?

+1

I agree with Dr Barankin, there is probably no problem but it's a good idea to be rechecked if you are not swollen or bruised. Otherwise, you may need to wait until any swelling has resolved to see if there is any asymmetry to correct.

Sam Naficy, MD

Getting hit in cheek after filler injection

+1

You are not likely to have too many problems, but just to be safe, I would return to the injecting physician to assess the symmetry and balance. The filler, if it is a hyaluronic acid like juvederm or restylane, is still moldable for several days after injection, so don't worry. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon