Would Filler Work For My Nasolabial Folds? Two Derms Said I'm Too Young at 34. (photo)

I am 34 years old and feel like I have deep smile and nasolabial lines. I have 2 personal friends who are dermatologists that perform filler injections. They have both said I am too young and do not need filler. Should I seek another opinion? Would I benefit? Is there a downside to starting these at 34 outside of cost? These lines were not noticeable 5 years ago and they are quite bothersome to me. Thanks.

Reasonable request

+1

filler to correct nasolabial folds at your age is indicated for appropriate reasons.  your desire to improve your self image by filling these bothersome lines is indicated

Elkton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for nasolabial folds

+1

I do not think you are too young to have fillers.  It is not age specific but specific for certain issues like the ones you are complaining about.

You're not too young at 34 to have Injectable Fillers for your nasolabial folds and smile-lines.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo. You appear to have a lot of volume-loss in your face, possibly from running or other aerobic exercise. You may be a good candidate for volume replacement and wrinkle-filling. You may want to consult another dermatologist or a facial plastic surgeon experienced in the delicate art of using dermal fillers.

My personal preference is Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4247

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal Fillers

+1

You look like you are a good candidate for dermal fillers.  Age is not a factor.  The factors to consider are your anatomy and whether you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Filler are great at smoothing the lines around your mouth.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Wrinkle fillers are approved for patients over 18

+1

Injectable fillers would be expected to smooth your nasolabial folds (smile lines).  Other people your age certainly use wrinkle fillers, and studies done on the nasolabial fold have included patients your age. 

There are temporary fillers and permanent ones.  While a permanent filler might sound attractive, no one knows how your face will age around the filler over time since you are young, so I wouldn't advise a permanent filler. 

The temporary fillers are used most frequently and the major downside is the need for repeated injections to maintain the filling (once or twice a year) and the associated costs.  Hope this is helpful.

Rockville Plastic Surgeon