Filler Caused Tip to Move After Rhinoplasty

i had open rhinoplasty almost a year ago. 2 or 3 months post op, i went to have juvederm in the side of my nose as i had dents. i now have a larger heavier tip, not from the filler but from the cartlige that had moved due to me having filler in the side of the tip. has anyone ever heard of this happening? and will it move back to normal once filler dissolves? please advice as i dont know what to do about it now.

Nasal Fillers after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although possible, fillers probably did not cause movement of your tip cartilages. Follow your surgeon's advice, but it will be necessary to wait for the fillers to dissolve to determine their effect on your tip, and then decide what, if anything, should be done.

Filler in Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Sal,

Best to consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon and the injector of the filler to get your answers. It is most likely the filler that is giving you the heavy nasal tip.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD