What is the Best Filler for Temples?

I had quite a bit of collagen/fat loss in my temples over the years. I was always very thin. What would be the best filler in that area?

Perlane for Temples

+2

Hi RNelson.  We love the way Perlane looks and works in this area.  We hate to use the word "best" for any filler in any area because each injector will have their own preferences.   The duration is fairly long (1 year) because of the lack of movement in this area.

Sculptra for Temples.

+2

Sculptra is excellent for restoring volume to the oft-neglected, but cosemtically crucial, hollow areas of the temples. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Best filler for the temples

+1

Hollowing of the temples, especially in women, is a premature sign of aging even in the absence of "wrinkles".  Although many fillers can be used it has been my experience that the longest lasting filler(2 years), and ultimately the most economical is Sculptra (Poly L Lactic acid).  It usually takes 2 injections, 4 to 8 weeks apart.  Hyaluonic acid fillers and Radiesse (calcium hydroxyl apatite) also work quite well, give immediate results, but do not last as long(1 year).  Seeking someone experienced in this injection is essential.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Fillers for temples

+1

Temple wasting can be treated by several different fillers. Sculptra may be satisfactory or one of the hylauronic acids diluted like restylane.

Filler for the temple area

+1

Temple wasting is a common part of the aging process. In the past I have mostly used fat liposuctioned from elsewhere on the body and placed in the temple area at the time of facelift surgery. I have found sculptra to be the best filler for deep areas such as the temple if the patient does not have or want body fat harvested from elsewhere on the body.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Filler for temple area

+1

Sculptra is the best filler for the hollows in the temporal area.  It also will last longer than any other product in that area. 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon