Filler or Stick to Botox? I'm 36. (photo)

Should I do any filler in my nasoflabial folds and frown line, or stick to just botox in frown lines

Botox and Fillers

+2

Botox is the preferred treatment for frown lines, and if the results are good, by all means stay with what works.  In general, I prefer to avoid fillers in this area as the complications that can occur, while rare, can be devastating (blindness or ulcer and scarring of the area between the eyes.)

Looking at your nasolabial folds, you could certainly benefit from a filler such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Radiesse.  Be sure to consult with an experienced Board Certified physician in one of the core aesthetic fields such as Dermatology or Plastic Surgery.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or fillers--which is the right answer?

+2

This is a really common question, so you are not alone in wondering about this!

From your picture it looks like you have started to lose the fullness in your face, so I think it would be a good time to start to consider fillers, and I'd start with you cheeks before I touched your nasolabial lines, or your face will start to look flat and out of proportion. 

If there are grooves at your "11's" and they aren't going away, by all means fill these in and continue to keep the muscles calm with the Botox.  Be sure to consult with an experienced injector, as these are areas that require a little more experience and expertise and an artistic eye, and have some safety concerns.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Facial Lines with Botox or Filler?

+1

The photo you provided does show that the Botox you are getting between the eyebrows is doing very well for you in controlling the frown lines there, but you may need a little more than you are getting, unless this is a picture when Botox was not in use.

Your nasal labial folds have started to show some slight signs of deepening, however, and Botox is not really used to control that. For something like this, I would recommend a filler such as Radiesse to help fill the nasal labial folds and give you a fuller more youthful and refreshed look. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox or Filler

+1

In regards to your frown lines - if you're happy with the results from Botox, then continue with it.  If ti doesn't completely resolve your frown lines, then you may want to consider filler to this area BUT make sure you see a board certified physician experienced with this.  There is a risk of blindness with filler injection in this area.

As for your nasolabial lines - you may want to consider injecting some filler in your malar area (cheek bones).  I have found this quite a useful technique in my patients - it can rejuvenate your malar area, and a the same time the soft lift it provides can also help soften your nasolabial lines.  If you still find them to be prominent, then you can always have filler injected directly into the nasolabial areas too.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Botox and filler

+1

If you're happy with your current treatment using Botox only, regardless of what anyone else thinks, when you look in the mirror and there are areas that bother you, discuss these with your provider for all options available.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and Juvederm

+1
If you are happy with the results you are getting from Botox, keep it up.  It sounds like you have a physician or a nurse injector you trust. Ask their opinion about Juvederm in naso-labail folds. Start slowly. You can always add more later

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fillers can be combined with Botox to improve glabellar '11' lines

+1

I think you would benefit from a filler like Restylane or Juvederm to the nasolabial folds. You also appear to have fixed glabellar '11' lines, which can be further improved with the concomitant use of Botox and a filler.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Fillers for the volume loss and the static lines, and BOTOX for the dynamic frown lines!

+1

Hi,

The nasolabial lines would need fillers, since BOTOX really doesnt help those lines. For the frown lines, I would suggest both BOTOX and fillers, since there seems to be a static wrinkle in the glabellar region. However, make sure to go with a qualified doctor, since filler injections in the glabellar region do require a certain level of expertise. 

Good Luck!

Renita Lourdhurajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Facial Fillers for Nasolabial Folds

+1

I recommend that you start facial rejuvenation by replacing 'volume loss' with facial fillers like Radiesse in the nsolabial folds (grooves). It will stimulate collagen growth and can last up to 14 months. Botox will not help with these static wrinkles.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Filler or Stick to Botox

+1

Thank you for your question.  If you feel comfortable moving onto fillers, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  Botox will continue to improve your glabellar lines, while the fillers will help to lift your cheeks, reduce your tear troughs and nasolabial folds.  You will look like a less tired version of yourself.  Just make sure to go to an experienced, artistic injector who will keep you looking like you!

Jordan C. Carqueville, MD
Chicago Dermatologist