Can I Use a Filler to Raise my Bridge if I Already Have an Implant?

I had a synthetic implant put in my nose a few years ago but my bridge is still too low and not smooth. What kind of a temporary or permanent filler can I use to raise my bridge now? (I am not ready to have another implant surgery..) Thank you.

NonSurgical Rhinoplasty with Implant in Place

+2
Depending on the skin's ability to be raised (in the absence of adherent scarring), a filler will lift the skin regardless of the underlying implant. If you can gently pinch the skin off the underlying implant, a filler should be able to raise the profile of the nose temporarily. Dr. Peter Aldea

Achieving a better result after nasal implant

+1

you should be counseled about adding additonal filler overlying an existing implant and the potential for infection. Discuss this prior to undergoing the procedure. Use of a larger implant is an option you should also consider or transitioning to a cartilage graft.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Nasal augmentation with fillers

+1

While a filler can be sued to raise the dorsum a bit, it is not a permanent result like an implants. Perhaps you jsut need a larger implant.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.