Which Wrinkle Filler Lasts the Longest?

There are so many line filler products: Radiesse, Perlayne, Restylane, Juvederm Ultra; which do you recommend for long-lasting results? My main area of concern are the nasolabial folds.

Lasting wrinkle fillers

+3

Eveyone metabolizes the various fillers at different rates so there are no absolute answers to your question.

Generally speaking, if we are talking about filler for the nasolabial folds, Radiesse is likely to give you the most durable effect - a smaller proportion of the filler is reabsorbed at 1 year when compared to the hyaluronic acid fillers (all the others in your list).

As already mentioned, the drawback with Radiesse is if there are lumps or you dislike the result, the only thing you can do is wait for the filler to resolve on its own.

If you go with Juvederm, I would recommend the Ultra Plus (longer lasting than the Ultra and may provide more structure for the nasolabial fold).

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Many different perspectives on wrinkle fillers

+3

Just because something lasts a longer time does not make it a better filler.

It is my opinion that the longevity of the filling effects of Restylane and Juvederm in the nasolabial area are comparable. Both can last on the order of a year if you were initially treated with enough of the filler. I have the sense that Restylane will hold better in this area creating a more satisfying long term result. However, other injecting physicians may have the opposite opinion.

I think that Perlane is a much more cohesive product than Restylane or Juvederm and I have personally seen treatment effects for the nasolabial fold that persist well over a year and a half. However, it is often best to have a top off treatment before this time.

It is likely that of the fillers that you mentioned, that Radiesse would last the longest. I have colleagues who absolutely love Radiesse especially now that they have a profound discounting program and other incentives to encourage doctors to use the product. I personal have stopped using Radiesse and did so as soon as Perlane became approved and available in the United States market. The reason for this is that Perlane can be adjusted with the enzyme Hyaluronidase. So if there is ever any kind of problem with the treatment, it can be modified or if necessary for some reason, erased. Radiesse just does not have this degree of flexibility.

For these reasons, I recommend and use only Restylane and Perlane for fillers. Perlane is my preferred filler for the nasolabial fold. These are my opinions but I do a very large volume of filler services in the extremely demanding West Los Angeles market.