What filler or procedure would be most appropriate for me if I want to make my top lip a bit fuller/balanced? (photo)

I have thought about maybe getting juvederm filler for my top lip as I do not like the shape. Would juvederm work best? and would half a syringe suffice ? I dont want it too look overdone, just so the edges of my lip balance out since I feel like their a bit inward. Any advice would help, Thank you !

Filler Options for Fuller Lips

+1
Hi Jamie,

Small, subtle changes to the shape and volume of your lips would certainly require less than a full syringe. While adjusting your lips may only take a partial syringe, most board certified plastic surgeons don’t sell any partial syringes or save left over injectable to ensure patient safety. The good news is the remaining filler can be used to refresh under eye hollows or plump the chin, cheekbones, or any other desired area.

There are a many different options for fillers, here are some of the top choices:

JUVEDERM® - great for general volume and is a smooth filler.
Restylane® and Perlane® - tend to stay in place and are moldable once injected.
RADIESSE® - has a different chemical composition than Restylane and JUVEDERM and is a firmer option, great for filling hollows or creases.

The type of filler used for your procedure really is a decision that should be made between you and your cosmetic surgeon. Make sure that you discuss with them the desired firmness, affected areas, and shape.

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/attractive-face/lips.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation of the Upper Lip

+1

Juvederm is an excellent choice for augmenting the top lip to make it more proportional to the lower lip. I agree with your conservative approach because I cringe ever time I see an attractive lady with trout lips. Without seeing you I think 1/2 syringe would be adequate; you can always add more at a later time, but I don't think that will be necessary.

Lip filler?

+1

Your lips look full and fine! Leave them alone since all fillers can have problems such as bumps or excess swelling. 

Juvederm Ultra plus

+1

Good morning. Juvederm Ultra Plus lasts for about a year in the lip area. Also to consider is the new Voluma by Allergan. It can last up to 3 years. we are one of the early Voluma centers in Los Angeles.

Web reference: http://www.foreveryoung.net/

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Juvederm for lips

+1

Juvederm is your best bet. Use a full syringe. Cost of a half syringe is 3/4 cost of full. Your upper lip is small and should balance lower by 1/3 to 2/3 for lower. Juvederm is wonderful. My Best, Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon