Filler to Mimic a High Implant in Rhinoplasty

i had a rhinoplasty with a silicone implant in the bridge a year ago with no issues. however, i feel like the implant is still too low in my bridge and would like to get a revision later on but i would like to try out temporary filler first. would this be a good idea to get filler in my bridge, wouldnt that just mimic the "look" of a higher implant if i elect to get a higher implant?

Filler on Silicone Nasal Implant

+1

As other physicians have said, silicone implants are suscepible to infections; therefore it is risky to inject fillers adjacent to the implant. If you want to see the effect of additional augmentation, simply photo-shop pictures of your nose.

Filler over nasal implant

+1

Yes a filler could mimic the results of a "high" implant. However, injection could also damage the implant or introduce infection.

Filler to mimic higher nasal implant.

+1

You could do this but you could have a bad reaction to the filler. An easier safer way is to inject saline with Xylocaine in this area and it will be gone in hours.

You may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

I read your concern. It seems as though your silicone nasal implant was placed too low, and you would like to see additional height to your upper bridge: where your implant ends. If that is the case, you could consult an experienced physician for an Injectable Filler treatment to the top of your bridge.

Silastic nasal implants may get infected or extrude over time, but I have not seen infection or extrusion resulting from injections near implants in my practice. I only have experience with Silikon-1000 (liquid injectable silicone) which leads to permanent results.

All the best from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler on Top of Silicone Nasal Implant Could be Dangerous

+1

Hi,

One of the main complications of silicone nasal implants is infection requiring the implant to be removed.  I would be very hesitant to inject filler into a patient's nose who has a silicone implant, worrying about the increased risk of infection.  If you should decide to go ahead with injections, please make sure that you take adequate prophylatic antibiotics.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

You can try filler

+1

The use of the fillers will help you to augment the dorsum of your nose. If you know that you want to have more augmented dorsum, the other option is the use Mirror computer imaging to visualize the augmentation.

Like any procedure, filler can have complications like infection. The surgeon need to make sure to place the filler under implant capsule or above it and not into the implant capsule to prevent implant infection..

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Filler and Silastic Nasal Implant

+1

I would not recommend use of any filer on top of a silastic nasal implant. Silastic implants have issues with long term infection and extrusion, even in the best of circumstances.  Unfortunately, any filler placed on top of this implant would increase your risk of complications.  Achieving a higher nasal dorsum will likely require use of a rib cartilage graft, which is more involved than a primary Rhinoplasty.  Even if you are unhappy with your current result, give your self at least 6 months to a year before making any decisions.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon