What is the Best Filler for Marionette Lines?

I Tailor Filler to the Patient

+1

Each patient should be evaluated individually, that is why I feel a consultation with the patient is so important prior to treatment.  A variety of fillers (Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane, Radiesse), biostimulatory agents (Sculptra Aesthetic), and even one's own fat can be used to soften the appearance of marionette lines.  I often also complement filler treatment with muscle relaxation using Botox or Dysport.  This can relax the strap muscles called the depressor angularis oris on either side of the mouth, thus upturning the mouth and softening the depression.

It is also important to realize that the marionette lines may be created because of volume loss in other areas of the face.  Fat and volume loss along the jawline, in front of the ears, or in the cheeks may contribute to the formation of  marionette lines and require treatment for optimum correction of marionette lines.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

The best filler for each person varies according to his or her individual facial anatomy

+1

The best filler for each person varies according to his or her individual facial anatomy. I use all the available fillers as well as fat, often employing more than one filler to overlay another.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Marionette lines and fillers

+1

I like using hyaluronic acid fillers in the marionette lines. This includes juvederm or perlane.  Both are excellent products.

The best filler for marionette lines depends on type of fold

+1

Almost any filler can be used to fill marionette lines and which one to use depends on the characteristics of the folds and skin.  If the lines are deep, Radiesse or Perlane are often best.  For more shallow folds, Restylane and Juvederm can be used.  Sometimes, these fillers are layered on top of each other to treat both the deep and superficial aspects of the same fold.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Prefer Perlane

+1

This is just a matter of personal preference, but I like Perlane in this area. The material is thicker and seems to me to give a better "lift". 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Marionette grooves are filled in nicely with Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane or Perlane.

+1

Marionette grooves are easy to fill in and do well with Radiesse($650/syringe), juvederm, perlane, or restylane($550) but radiesse lasts longer.  Artefill has had great results as well ($1200) and lasts 4-5 yrs.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon