Hyaluronic Acid Alternative for Lips and Under Eye Hollows

I have reacted to restylane in my lips resulting in several lumps which can be felt inside my lip (injected 5 months ago the lumps were instant). I am seeing my doctor to determine if they are product that be corrected with dissolving agent or scar tissue granulomas and will be dealing with them. I am now afraid to use Ha fillers and would like to know what a good alternative filler is, or I if should stay away from all of them, if in fact I have had the worst case (granuloma) response.

Silikon-1000 may be safely used by experienced physicians for natural-looking lip augmentation and eyelid rejuvenation..

+1

I read your concern. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with an HA product.

In my practice, Silikon-1000, an off-label permanent filler, is used for lip augmentation and filling lower eyelid hollowing. You could experience bumps from Silikon-1000, but in my view, Silikon-1000 is less likely to form bumps than other fillers. In my experience in over 1000 procedures, the likelihood of getting a bump from a silicone injection is < 1%.

You should consult your physician regarding your current situation. Hyaluronidase or triamcinolone injections may be helpful for you. I would not recommend another filler treatment until your current condition is resolved.

Although I do not routinely perform skin testing with silicone, this may be considered in your case before proceeding with a treatment.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

You could try alloderm for lip augmentation. It cannot form lumps but its longevity cannot be predicted.

Aaron Stone, MD