Filler Injections - Is Swelling and Bruising Here to Stay?

Four days ago, I had filler for under eye hollows, the doctor hit a blood vessel, my eye swollen and bruised. He put my on antibiotics, The bruising has gotten about 80 percent better, And the swelling has improved , however the entire area where I had the injection is still swollen and bruised and red below the injection site. I am starting to worry where most of the swelling and bruising has left that the swelling that is there now will stay. Am I worrying too soon.?

Lower eyelid swelling may last up to two weeks after an Injectable Filler treatment.

+2

You shouldn't be too concerned about bruising and swelling that's persistent 4 days after a "shiner". This should completely resolve over the next 10 days. If your condition is worsening, then you should bring these concerns to your physician.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon