Micro-droplet Silicone Injections to Correct Asymmetrical Nasal Tip?

I am considering having a filler injected to correct my nasal tip. I have had three rhinoplasties. The first was purely cosmetic, the last two were to correct defects after a break. After the first, my nasal tip lost it's definition on the right side. The doctor who did my later surgeries was unable to correct this. The lack of symmetry, though unnoticeable to others, bothers me a great deal and seems very apparent in photos. I was recently reading about correcting nasal defects with micro-droplet silicone injections; would that also work for my issue?

Silicone Excellent Filler To Correct Nasal Defects

+1

In my practice, I exclusively use liquid injectable silicone (LIS) for the correction of nasal defects (non-surgical rhinoplasty) as it is precise, gives natural-appearing results and is permanent.  I haven't had any complications in any of my patients other than the expected bruising and swelling.  In the hands of an expert injector with experience in the microdroplet injection technique used with LIS, you can achieve great results in correcting nasal defects.  I have corrected many different types of nasal defects, many of which, like yourself, had several prior surgical rhinoplasties.  Feel free to check out our photo gallery by clicking on the link below. 

Silicone is an option

+1

While not FDA approved for free injection, an experienced physician will often use silicone to correct minor nasal imperfections. My suggestion would be to try a temporary filler such as Juvederm before undergoing a permanent injection to make sure that you get the result that you like.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microdroplets of silicone

+1

Injecting free silicone into the body as a facial filler is still  taboo in Plastic surgery.  Although I know of several doctors in other fields using it.

Silicone Can Work for the Nasal Tip

+1

Yes, I use silicone micro droplets all the time to correct nasal defects, including the nasal tip.  However, sometimes it is harder to truly fix the tip because the skin is relatively inelastic in that area.  Also, if you are considering additional rhinoplasties in that area it may not be a good idea to inject silicone at this point.  In any case, I am very good at managing this but it does take typically between 1 to 3 times to get it improved.  Remember it will never be perfect, just better.

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon