How much filler would I need to improve the volume loss in my face? (photo)

I have lost volumn and I need my jowls lifted. What filler is best and can my appearance be fixed?

How much filler would I need to improve the volume loss in my face?

+1
If you’re not ready for a face lift and want a temporary fix then I suggest either Radiesse or Juvederm Voluma, 1 syringe on each side to help lift and contour the cheek area, along with 1 syringe on each side of Restylane or Juvederm XC to fill in the nasolabial fold and marionette lines. This should give you subtle look for the time being  

How can I improve the volume in my face?

+1
Volume is very important in creating a natural, refreshed, more youthful look in the face. Regarding fillers you have several options. The most common are probably the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. Other options include Sculptra, Radiese, and others. 

For cases such as yourself, I have had a great experience using fat. It has several advantages including longevity, more available product, and the fact that it is a part of your own body. Fat is a great option for global rejuvenation of the face and I probably perform fat transfer in about 90% of my face lift cases.

Todd C. Miller, MD

+1
Great question. If you are not thinking of any surgery than the "liquid facelift" will give you a mild to moderate improvement. I recommend the new Juvederm Voluma injection 3 to 4 cc's at $1,000/syringe or up to $4,000. Best to see a few expert injecting doctors in your area... 

Fillers vs Facelift

+1
Fillers are useful in facial rejuvenation when there has been loss of tissue in specific places and when refilling those places will elevate the tissues that have descended from the volume loss. This will frequently reduce lower cheek lines and some nasolabial and marionette lines, but not lift jowls. For this you need a full facelift. This is especially true for you, since you still have considerable volume in your face. Even a significant amount of fat grafting, the only filler where you can reasonably use enough to make any difference in someone like you, will not provide the improvement you seek. Seek a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

+1
 I believe fillers alone will not give you the desired effect.  It will make your face appear rounder and heavier.  Fillers, in combination with some type of lifting, will give your the result you are looking for in lifting the jowls and giving your face volume where it is needed.

Facial filler

+1
You actually have a very full face - it is just that the fullness has moved to places you don't want it.  WHile it is hard to say without actually seeing you, I think you would benefit more from a facelift.  This would help to elevate the cheeks and tighten the jowls.   YOu also have a ptosis that you may want to repair. If you did want to fill it would take many syringes to help and may not be cost effective.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers and face

+1
I think that you partially answered yoru question. You do have soft tissue deflation AND descent.  You probably need  a combination of a surgical lift and volume.  Best to be seen in person.

Facelift

+1
Based on the picture posted, you are more a candidate for a full SMAS facelift. Fillers will not replace a facelift. Discuss the improvement you desire with your plastic surgeon and the results you desire and the appropriate procedure.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Fillers for facial volume loss

+1
The answer will depend on your budget and your goals. 
If you wanted full correction then you may need up to 6 syringes, but that gets pricey. Your cheeks alone will take one syringe each. 
Another way to look at this is what's the minimum that you should do. My guess is that you wouldn't see much change with one syringe which means that I would do a minimum of 2 syringes and likely 4 syringes.

Michael Weinberg, MD

How many vials of filler necessary for volume loss

+1
There is no perfect answer as we are able to tailor a treatment for each patient on an individual basis and can treat different areas at different sessions if you wish. 

In general, four to five vials would give you a great result. That would be distributed in the undereye hollows, cheek region, nasolabial folds and prejowl region around the chin. With that treatment plan, you would see an excellent result. 

Make sure to find a surgeon or physician who can help you weigh the pros and cons of each specific filler very carefully and can deliver a great result for you. You want to see a beautiful improvement without looking overdone. Thicker fillers would be used in the prejowl and cheek area, and finer fillers used around the eyes.

Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon