Do I Need More Filler for Hollowing?

This a photo 4 weeks after Juvederm filler (per my post showing pre-filler photo just before this one). I now have discoloration that I didn't have before. My right eye has a muscle buldge that shows since all fat was removed from a bleph. Do you think more filler is needed to conceal the hollowing and dark shadows. One syringe was used for both eyes. Why would I have discoloration that I didn't have before after filler? Thanks.

Under eye discoloration

+1

The placement of your filler is too high leading to the unnatural appearance of the lid and discoloration.  The best way to treat this is to dissolve the filler and add more a little lower down in the tear trough.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler around eyes

+1

It is hard to say from a photos what exactly is the issue.  However, bulges may be from too much filler,and possibly  from hernaited orbital fat as well. Discoloration may be the filelr itself.

Discoloration after Filler has many causes.

+1

Photos are good but nothing compares with an in-person evaluation, so I cannot give you a personal answer however there are a few reasons for discoloration under the eyes after fillers.

1. too much filler can cause bulging and odd shadowing
  2. filler too close to the skin looks bluish
  3. bruising after filler injection can leave "staining"
  4. too little filler can leave the original issue of hollowness and shadow

One or more of these may apply to you, check with a qualified physician, there are solutions.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Unhappy with eyelid filler

+1
If you had half a cc. of filler per eyelid yoi might bebefit from more filler provided the color you have is not a bluish color from the filler which should be removed first. If the color is your own body's discoloration, whether related to iron or pigment or blood flow in the skin of the eyelid, then possibly the appearance will be better with more filler injected below the muscle. You would have to be seen in person for a more accurate evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lower Eyelid Hollow After Filler Injections

+1

Hi KWL,

It looks as if you have hollowing under your right eye in the mid portion and laterally.  1 cc of filler per side is a large amount.  Discuss your concerns with your injecting physician, perhaps a bit more filler will help on your right side.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD