Would Filler Help Raise my Lip Corners or is my Soft Tissue Too Heavy? (photo)

I have heard two conflicting opinions on this. A surgeon feels that filler will end up looking as if it is being pushed down and outward (like a duck) because I have too much heaviness in my face, and I really need a lip lift. (I.e., fillers don't defy gravity). A dermatologist feels that ~1/4 syringe (more on right in pic) on each side should not cause a "duck" look and would help raise the area. I am 32, so it's not time for a facelift - but this area has definitely aged.

Lifting the corners of the mouth

+1

I think filler will help your problem with the corners of the lips. This will not give you the  "duck look". The "duck look" is usually caused by filling the lips.Also, a little Botox at the jawline (DAO) would probably help your situationa bit.You will not get totoal resolution of your problem but i think it would help a lot.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip lift for the corners of the mouth

+1

Dear ajax102,

1. A little filler in the corner of the mouth (not the lips) will help raise the area a little bit
  2. The results will improve the look, but it will likely not make it fully resolve
  3. If you hate the results, the filler can be dissolved so if you are not ready for something surgical, the filler is a great place to start

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Corner of Mouth Lift for Skin Overhang

+1

Fillers are a good place to start because of their simplicity. If this is not effective, you should consider a corner of the mouth lift to get rid of the skin overhang.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD