Best Filler to Freshen the Peri-Orbital Area? Under Eye Lateral, Eyelid, Brow Lift

I want to find an experienced dermatologist, esthetician or ps who can take a global approach to the peri-orbital area. It is not so much the tear trough that is a problem but the area kind of lateral to that, going toward my cheek/temple, if that makes sense. Also looking for one who can do the approach of putting filler in the upper lid and shift it toward the inner lid by hand, to fill in eye hollows. I've seen this in a video and it was delicate work, beautiful outcome.

Best filler for the Eye (periorbital) area

+1

Most doctors agree that restylane seems to work better in the periorbital area versus juvederm. Juvederm will more likely result in bluish discoloration known as the Tyndall effect.

Fillers for malar region

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – based on the level of volume loss you have either fat or HA fillers (Juvederm/Restylane) could work.

Sam Naficy, MD

Best filler for periorbital area

+1

I agree that HA fillers may be best for this delicate area.  That said, I think Restylane is superior to JUvederm in this area.  I used to think these fillers were quite alike but I have seen cases of prolonged edema after PROPER injection of these areas with JUvederm.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

What's the best filler to freshen the eye area?

+1

I have used fillers for over 20 years and without photos, of your face, it's difficult to make an accurate evaluation.  In general however, the thinner HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm would be used in the thin lower eyelid/upper cheek zone.  

IMHO, you should seek an MD with the proper aesthetic judgement of facial aesthetics so you don't fill something that winds up making the face appear broad or odd.

I would use fat for rejuvenation and as a filler

+1

There are many option to give volume like HA . fat not only adds volume,but rejuvenates the tissue too. Fat can be injected to any area of the body and face.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for volume replacement around your eyes.

+1

I read your concerns. In my practice, Silikon-1000, a permanent off-label filler, is preferred for facial volume replacement. You can have your hollow temples filled along with any hollowing of your lower eyelids. You can also have upper eyelid hollowness carefully filled with Silikon-1000.

You must be sure your physician is trained in the serial-puncture, microdroplet technique of silicone administration. Your eyelid area is unforgiving, so the expertise of your physician is critical when considering volume replacement in this area.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acids only for this delicate area!

+1

Hi! I only use hyaluronic acid fillers for this delicate area- the thinnest skin on the body tends to show lumps with any fillers that are not gels. Also HA can be removed with hyaluronidase if you do not like it. Restylane is a great filler for this region and causes slightly less bruising in my experience than Juvederm, although Juve lasts longer. Nothing is FDA approved for this area- it is all "off-label" use. However, we routinely inject HAs with beautiful results. Do make sure you find an injector with experience as I have seen many patients with poor results from inexperienced injectors. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon