What Filler is recommended for a Thinning Face?

Volume for a Thinning Face

+2

I think most doctors would recommend Sculptra for overall facial volumization.  The amount of product you get and the overall effects are very nice.  There are some downsides.  Another great option is fat grafting.  The basics of this procedure is that you do small volume liposuction in the belly or the flank, wash and isolate the fat, and then inject it into the desired locations in the face.  The results are permanent, fairly predictable (as long as you inject it into the right places) and really pretty. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommended Filler For Thinning Face

+1

I would first recommend that you speak to a board certified specialist who can give you more specific recommendations. However if you are just interested in learning about various options, hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are capable of augmenting as well as hydrating tissue to add volume to a specific area. 

Radiesse, which is made of calcium based microspheres can provide structural corrections to enhance the cheek areas. It can also fill wrinkles and enhance the volume of the face as well. Radiesse also promotes the development of new collagen fibers which enhance the firmness of your skin.

Also fat transfers are another option to consider. As the name suggests, live fat cells from another part of your body are injected into a specific area.

All of these are excellent options that give very natural looking results.  Your doctor can give you better guidance on which solutions would be best for your face.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for a Thinning Face.

+1

This is not a simple question to answer.  Fillers and Volumizers all have their proper place for enhancing the human face to a more natural and youthful state.  I would highly recommend going to an experienced practitioner who can recommend what is best for you, since this is very individualized.  Generally, for facial wasting (hollowing) I like to treat with Sculptra.  This volumizes the area in several treatments for long term results.  Fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, or Radiesse can help give instant gratification and fill wrinkles with shorter staying power.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens     

Grant Stevens, MD

What is the best filler for a thinning face

+1

The best filler by far is your own fat.  This gives excellent volumization and is permanent.  Sometimes it takes a little touch up to get the final result.  Although it may be initially  more expensive than temporary fillers, in the long run it is much less expensive, more natural, and more effective.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Sculptra® Aesthetic gives natural results.

+1

Sculptra® Aesthetic is my favorite treatment for a thinning face because it helps to rebuild your body's own collagen in areas where it is breaking down.  This, in most cases, looks more natural than just filling lines where there is lost volume. Sculptra® provides natural results that develop over time and last. 

Missy Clifton, MD
Bentonville Dermatologist

+1

Thinning face in a male or a female?  Where, on the face, does it appear thin?  These simple questions define the most important aspects of using fillers like Perlane and Radiesse to shape and contour the face.  The fillers themselves have no inherent magic and the results depend on the MD understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial beauty to create a naturally more attractive face.

Best Filler is recommended for a Thinning Face

+1

The best filler for a thiing face is your own fat. Not only is it OME (original manufacturer equipment) but several studies have demonstrated that it is VERY rich in stem cells and injecting it back in the faces not only volumizes the fat but makes the skin look and feel much younger. The problem with fat is that it requires a small surgical procedure to be harvested from areas of fat excess.

Although some recommend Sculptra, this filler is not doctor friendly and has been associated with a high rate of lumpiness resulting in patient disatisfaction.

The other fillers ; Restylane/Perlane, Juvederm and Radiesse - have all been used successfully in the face. The problem is that unlike fat,  they are all temporary.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Best fillers for a thinning face

+1

For a thinning face, I very much prefer either Sculptra or Radiesse. When comparing Sculptra and Radiesse to the hyaluronic acid fillers, it is important to understand the difference between "stimulatory" fillers and "wrinkle" fillers. When treating problems due to volume loss, I will almost always use stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse. They are injected deeper, beneath the skin, and will generate more volume to create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. They work by stimulating your skin to produce more collagen, which is why they are so effective for problems due to volume loss. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Always ask about the experience of the injecting physician and make sure they have all of the "tools" to use, such as all of the various facial fillers (Sculptra, Radiesse, Perlane, Restylane, and Juvederm) that are approved for use in the United States.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

What Filler is Recommended for a Thinning Face?

+1

There is not one best filler recommended for a thinning face. Frequently different fillers are use in different parts of the face, including Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, and Sculptra to name a few. An experienced injector will describe the alternatives depending on his/her preferences and your particular needs.

Fillers recommended for a thinning face.

+1

Dear writer, Most hyaluronic acid fillers presently available will provide excellent results for volumizing the face and diminishing the sunken eye appearance, deep nasolabial folds and jowls. Common fillers used are: Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus (for deeper lines and areas of volume loss). It is important to have your dermatologist or plastic surgeon perform first an evaluation. If you need very large volume injections, I recommend to my patients to have autologous fat injections (your own fat cells removed for an area in your body like the abdomen or medial knee, believed to last the longest). After a session of fat injections, the rest of the medium to superficial lines may be filled with the above mentioned hyaluronic acid fillers.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon