Filler for Bulbous Nose? (photo)

Hi, i'm 21 years old, i've always hated my nose and plan on getting plastic surgery in a near future, BUT for the moment I was wondering if fillers would make my tip slightly narrower? I obviously know fillers won't do miracles, but I was wondering if it would help? Thank you!

Bulbous Tip and Filler

+1

I prefer a closed rhinoplasty approach for tip refinement over filler injection for the bulbous tip.  Kenneth Hughes, MD rhinoplasty Los Angeles, CA

Filler for bulbous tip improvement

+1

Using filler for nasal tip has a limited benefit. The nasal tip skin is generally very taut and not easy to shape with liquid fillers. I typically would use a small amount of Radiesse to tip refinement. In your situation, the improvement would quite limited and may not be worthwhile. The good news is that if you ever try it and didn't like it, it will reabsorb and you are back to where you started. I think for your situation, it's best to save the money and wait for surgery.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Yes, fillers can make a bulbous nose more defined

+1

You look like a good candidate for some modest, but significant improvement with a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  Here is the thing about noses that is not intuitive, but key, it's not the size of the nose, but the shape.

• Most people unhappy with their tip don't like the roundness of the tip.  This can be improved by selectively placing fillers at the tip defining point.
  • Also not intuitive, having a strong, smoothly contoured nasal bridge greatly effects the appearance of the nasal tip.
  • I would place some fillers along your bridge and in the tip

Of course, you should find someone who specializes in non-surgical rhinoplasty as this is an advanced technique.  It's also nice to review their photo gallery.  I have attached a link to our photo gallery and youtube video on non-surgical rhinoplasty with fillers.

Good luck finding information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

+1

Thanks for posting that question.  I have a busy non-surgical rhinoplasty patient population and can, at times inject on the nasal tip defining points that creates an appearance of being more narrow.  Unfortunately this would not provide any benefit on your nose based on the photos provided.  A surgical rhinoplasty will best address your corrections.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for a Bulbous Nose

+1

Thank you for your question.  Although fillers have greatly expanded our capacity as Facial Plastic Surgeons to address numerous facial aesthetic concerns, the role of fillers in the nose is very limited.  One certainty in nasal aesthetics is that fillers will not narrow your nasal tip.  If you are considering Rhinoplasty in the future, I would encourage you to stay away from fillers in this area, which can compromise blood supply, introduce fibrosis, and needlessly complicate the procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon