Can I Use a Filler to Fix my Stretched Belly Button Skin from Pregnancy? (photo)

Hello. I had a navel piercing for four years before I got pregnant. I took it out when i was 4 months , and now 3 months after baby its stretched out and has small stretch marks. I was wondering if i could use a collagen filler to fix the wrinkled stretched out skin. -thanksss

+1

Yes, you could start with a filler in that area and see how it does.  I would suggest doing something more permanent.  Fillers only last about 6-9 months.  My recommendation would be fat grafting behind the depressed area and possibly doing a small scar revision.  Did you have an 'outie' prior to surgery?  It appears you may have an umbilical hernia.  This could be repaired at the same time.  You will need to make sure you meet with a surgeon to determine if that is in deed a hernia, fat deposit behind the naval or if that is just how you were prior to pregnancy.   

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Natural Fillers

+1

Natural fillers are more effective and safe than collagen . Ask your surgeon for it hen you meet him. Its latest and best suited. Microneedling can be avoided if it can be achieved with just fillers and evening methods.

Deepali Bhardwaj, MD
India Dermatologist

Medical Microneedling Combined With Volumizing Fillers Work Well For Stretch Marks Around the Belly Button

+1

While fillers could be used to try to treat stretch marks, particularly those around the umbilicus (the belly button), I would instead suggest a series of prior treatments with medical microneedling to first improve the overall appearance. Medical microneedling, using either a manual approach with medical grade Dermarollers (not the home rollers that do not penetrate deeply enough to be effective) or the Dermapen (a motorized medical microneedling device) creates fractionated microscopic wounds in the skin, which in turn serve to promote new collagen and elastic fiber synthesis and even out of irregular pigmentation.

A series of two to four microneedling treatments, performed under local anesthesia at six week intervals, can serve to break up abnormal collagen bundles below the surface of the stretch mark, as well as break up the irregulary crinkled, cigarette paper-like surface, allowing new, healthier collagen to reform below the skin surface and to smooth and improve the surface texture itself. The results of medical microneedling tend to be permanent. 

Following this, if still necessary, I have found that the injection of a combination of Radiesse(a calcium-based, semipermanent volumizer) and Juvederm UltraPlus XC, a hyaluronic acid based product, helps to further smooth the stretch mark and encourage new collagen synthesis. Results of this approach can be quite gratifying.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD