Which Filler Offers the Most Facial Volume?

Comparing milliliter for milliliter of volume achieved/treatment, which filler, including the use of fat, offers the greatest amount of volume for the face?

Sculptra

+2

Sculptra is undoubtedly the man made filler with the longest track record for facial volume. It came to approved initially for AIDS patients who need large volumes to restore their facial deficits and now its use has been expanded to cosmetic patients. Fat is problematic because, in most peoples hands, its unreliable. Fat gets absorbed unevenly and can lead to lumps which are harder to treat. Some docs, Sid Coleman, MD in NYC for example, are investigating ways to keep fat around since, obviously, its the most physiologic of the fillers.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Scupltra vs. Fat Grafting

+1

Fat Grafting and Sculptra are the two most common large volume fillers in my San Diego practice. If a patient is already asleep for a bigger procedure (facelift for example) and has some good deposits of fat, we generally will use fat grafting. Results at the six month point may be considered permanent, and we commonly see a 40-50% retention of fat. Also, if a patient needs a very large amount of volume added to the face and has ample fat elswhere, fat grafting may be more economical than using say 8-10 vials of sculptra.

On the other hand, Sculptra is quick, easy, low risk and now is almost 50% less expensive than a year ago. For patients on the go or who are thin all over their body (and have little fat to harvest) Sculptra is a great choice. It generally lasts over 2 years.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra or fat transfer are the best options for facial volumization

+1

In my opinion, Sculptra is the ideal agent to give volume to the face. It is a natural product that can give long lasting correction in areas that need volume in one's face to include cheeks, temple areas, jawline as well as other areas on the body. The correction can last two or more years. Sculptra induces new collagen growth which makes it a very natural and safe process.

I hope I was helpful.

Austin Dermatologist

Silikon-1000 may be used, only by experienced physicians, to treat facial lipoatrophy.

+1

My personal experience with Silikon-1000 has been favorable for the treatment of facial lipoatrophy. It is imperative you find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the serial puncture, microdroplet technique.

Several treatments are typically necessary for complete correction. There is typically no downtime, and your results are permanent.

I've attached a photo demonstrating this application of Silikon-1000.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/Action/Gallery/GalleryID/20269/PageID/4141/ProcedureNameID/790

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon