What's the Best Filler for Crow's Feet ?

Hi, I want to have some injections into my crow's feet wrinkles as I have two fine lines on my side eyes so 4 in total,according to you what's the best filler for medium crow's feet wrinkles ? juvederm? restylane? I heard about esthelis soft as well? I would appreciate to know your professional opinion and thank you in advance for your time. BR. Penthea

Crow's feet and options

+1

Since crow's feet are mainly caused by muscle contraction of the muscles that encircle the eye, Botox or Dysport is usually the first choice to reduce these lines.  Once the muscle is relaxed, there are many options to achieve a natural look.  Laser resurfacing, such as with the Fraxel laser, can smooth out these lines.  Typically, most patients do Botox or Dysport injections.  Only rarely is filler usually needed after Botox injections.

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Crow's feet

+1

Botox is a better more effective solution to most crow's feet than an injectable filler especially if they are fine lines. Botox temporarily paralyzes the eyelid squinting muscle just in the area of the crow's feet when injected there so the muscle cannot create the wrinkle. In severe cases with hooding surgery is a better option.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Crow's feet wrinkles

+1

The first step in treating crow's feet wrinkles is to do Botox. Lines and wrinkles in the outer eye area are caused by the repetitive motion of squinting and "scrunching up" of our eyes. The most direct treatment is to reduce this motion with Botox. This is a highly rewarding area to treat with Botox. I find that the use of Botox generally relaxes the stress on the skin so well that with time early lines and wrinkles will relax and continued use of Botox will prevent the worsening or deepening of wrinkles.

Occasionally, with very deep lines or in someone who has had decades of motion, Botox alone may not be enough. The best filler for this is usually a hyaluronic acid filler, such as Juvéderm or Restylane done with great care in this very thin delicate skin by an experienced injector. But, the filler should always be a secondary treatment, not a substitute for Botox.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon