Can I Have Filler or Botox Above the Lip Line As I Have Wrinkle Lines There?

Botox and fillers around the mouth can create a natural and more youthful effect.

+1

Both filler and botox are good options for treating lines around the mouth. Both need to be used delicately in order to make sure that the treatment looks natural, but when done well these are both excellent solutions for the problem.  If there are a significant number of wrinkles even at rest (when the mouth is not moving, filler may be necessary for an optimal cosmetic result.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and juvederm or restylane for upper lip wrinkles

+1

Botox can be used off-label to carefully inject tiny (1 - 2 units) of Botox per site in the two differenet sites of each upper lip, and the same of the lower lip. Superficial, thin, non-viscous fillers can be injected into the individual lip lines but I have been successful injtecing dilute fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm, diluted with lidocaine anesthetic, horizontally under the lip lines to make them less visible. This is done carefully with very small aliquots of filler per site, so as not to thicken the lip.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Upper lip lines (smokers lines) are treated fairly well with combo of Botox and Filler

+1

Probably the most common treatment of lip lines in my practice is the combination of dermal fillers (Restylane or Juvederm) and Botox.  I like to treat this area using blunt cannulas in a horizontal fashion and no "chase" each individual line.  A promising new treatment which I'm starting to try is laViv for smoker's lines.  This uses one's own cells (fibroblasts) to create collagen to give a long term improvement.  Stay tuned.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Best treatment for lip wrinkles - fillers and botox vs more permanent techniques

+1

The best treatment for lip wrinkles is to add volume to the lips and resurface.

For volume, hyaluronic acid fillers work best for temporary filling.

We prefer autologous fat-fascial grafts ILiveFill) for lip augmentation over fat injection in our practice, but both are widely used for a more permanent result.

Botox can be effective in very small amounts, but remember that the lip is functional, and too much Botox can literally make patients drool or interfere with speech.

For resurfacing, there is a range of options from fractional lasers to fully ablative lasers, with variable settings of each depending on the patient's recovery time and needed results.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Fillers and Botox for lip lines

+1

Yes both Botox and hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can be used to address upper lip lines.  I routinely use both for this purpose.  Botox can be good to ease the "pursed" lip look and even slightly evert the lip to appear slightly fuller with fewer lines at the border.  Fillers are great here to soften deeper lines and impart a more youthful appearance to the lip.  I might also suggest a consultation with an experienced laser surgeon to see if laser resurfacing may be of benefit - in some cases laser resurfacing may improve these lines the most and have a more lasting effect than either fillers or Botox.  Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Fillers or Botox for the Upper Lip Region

+1

Fillers and Botox can be used very successfully in the upper lip for the vertical lines.  Sometimes several visits and treatments  give a better result.  The best thing  you can do for yourself is to have a consultation with a qualified facial cosmetic surgeon that you trust.  We have many happy patients that have received upper lip injectables. 

David Alessi, MD

+1

Botox, Dysport or Xeomin all work well, IMHO, to reduce vertical lip lines.  I have used neurotoxins for this purpose for well over 17 years.  There is a limit to the amount that can be injected at any one time and experience is need to avoid over weakening of the muscles around the mouth.

Injectable filler treatments may be used to minimize the appearance of upper lip vertical wrinkles.

+1

I read your concern:

Upper lip wrinkles may be softened by a well performed Injectable Filler treatment provided they're visible and deep when you're not pursing your lips. Delicate wrinkles that are not visible at rest are not well suited for fillers. This may be a tricky area to improve as the injection should be intradermal, or into the skin. If you have several treatments where the filler is placed deep to the wrinkled skin, you can get a full, unattractive appearance of your upper lip. The expertise of your doctor is important if you're looking to reduce the appearance of the "bar-code" on your upper lip.

My personal preference in this area is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and Botox for wrinkles about lip

+1

Fillers are often used in combination with Botox or Dysport for upper lip wrinkles.  However, Botox and Dysport work by decreasing muscle movement, so they need to be used with great caution around the mouth.  Lasers such as the Active/Deep FX are often very helpful for lip lines, or perioral wrinkles.

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

HA filler is a much better option for the lip than BOTOX.

+1

Jenny 

There just is no substitute for an actual personal examination by a very experienced cosmetic surgeon.  You might do great with fillers.  I would advise caution with lip edge BOTOX as it can excessively weaken the mouth.