Filler and Chin/Jaw Implants? (photo)

I'm 20 years old and an African-American male. I decided that I will (one day) have a cartilage graft done, but because I am a college student, I'm thinking of trying out filler 1st for my deep nasofrontal angle. Would filler be okay and give me good results? I know it's not permanent. Also, I want to have a chin/jaw implant done, but I really want to have a slimmer facial appearance all together. So with the filler and the ch/jaw implant, what else could be done to make my cheek area slimmer?

Buccal Fat Extraction helps full cheeks

+2

Your condition can be improved by removing cheek fat thru Buccal Fat Extraction- an outpatient surgery. The NF angle is deep and can be filled in with Radiesse, which lasts up to a year from a single injection. Chin Implant surgery will add balance to the profile as well. Theses procedures can be done together. Hope this helps. Dr. Edward Gross @ Primera in Lake Mary.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler and Chin/Jaw Implants?

+2

Aestheically speaking, the chin is very weak and creates an aesthetic imbalance of the entire lower face.  IMHO, you should start out by considering a Chin Augmentation using a Chin Implant.  This would create a much more aesthetically balanced face.  You could in addition have Radiesse Injected (video below) to shape the jawline which is a procedure that I frequently perform.  I do not recommend Jaw Implants as they are too problematic IMO.  Hope this helps.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Jaw Implants to make cheeks skinnier

+1

Jaw implants could help you give you more balance within the face and also create some angularity by pulling your cheeks back as well. The jaw implants will make you look more masculine and your face stronger as well.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.