Use of Filler After Unsuccessful Septo-Rhinoplasty - Doctor Recommendation for Orange County, CA

Had septo rhinoplasty 3wks ago. Unhappy that I have same problem as b4. Which is a curve on 1 side and straight on other. I don't want anything fancy but want it straight & symmetric. My dr said he could not accomplish this because the upper lat.

Cartilage is pulled away because of a broken nose from 20yrs ago. This would have been good to know b4 surgery. He recommended a filler. What kind is best? Does it actually work? Any exp. Surgeons w this in orange county ca? No revisions... too much risk

Wait before using any fillers

+2

You should wait before using any fillers.  But i would suggest to continue working with your doctor, or if you would like a 2nd opinion I am up in Beverly Hills and you can see my before/after rhinoplasty and non-surgical rhinoplasty pictures in my photo gallery.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+2
I would be happy to see you in my office for a complimentary consultation and after a physical examination I would be able to give you a better post operative plan. It is difficult to determine a good surgical or non surgical plan without photographs and a full examination. I am located in Newport Beach, your neighborhood, with 30 years of experience with rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. Hopefully the changes you desire may be achieved with using one of the highly effective hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane but this must be determined through proper evaluation with a physical examination. Please feel free to contact me via my website or email if I can be of any further help to you. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

You may be a candidate for a well-performed Injectable Filler procedure to improve the curved appearance of your nose.

+2

I read your concern. Without a photo, I can only assume that your nose may look curved on one side due to an indentation in the cartilage of your bridge.

In my practice, Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results, may be employed to straighten the appearance of your nose. Procedures are performed with topical anesthetic and there is typically no downtime. I have injected Silikon-1000 as early as 1 month after rhinoplasty surgery in certain cases. A photo, along with a description of your concerns, would be helpful.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Doctor Recommendation for Orange County, CA

+1

Sorry for your displeasure with the results of the surgery. It is premature to judge the results at this point. You may need to wait at least 6 months before judging the results. If you have a dermal filler, radiesse or juvederm may be optimal. Continue to communicate your concerns clearly and calmly to your surgeons so he/she can follow you appropriately and can take the necessary steps.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Filler after Unsuccessful Rhinoplasty

+1

At 3 weeks post-op it is unlikely that you can determine the final appearance of your nose. Wait another 6 months before considering adjustments, whether it be surgery or fillers. If fillers are used, I recommend Radiesse or Juvederm.

Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Orange County, CA

+1

Hi B Man,

Best to wait a while and let your recent surgery heal.  The go to rhinoplasty surgeon in Newport Beach is Rollin Daniel, MD.  I would wait at least 2 more months before scheduling your appointment.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

3 weeks and frustrated

+1

of all the procedures done in plastic surgery, rhinoplasty is one where patience is required. things change, swelling resolves, disappointment subsides.  I personally don't mind the filler early. what i wouldn't do is use something permanent like silicon until at least a year has passed. instead use a little restylane to camoflage your concern and use hyaluronidase if it needs to be removed or altered. try not to get frustrated it will only make you feel worse. stay positive and realistic, be proactive and   keep communication with your surgeon open and frank. you'll get where you need to be. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Filler after rhinoplasty

+1

There is still healing time to go through and swelling to resolve. Much too early to use fillers. Would wait a least 3 months before using fillers since you wouldn't know how much fillers to use as swelling decrease with time and may require more injection.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for nose

+1

I'm sorry to hear you feel surgery has not worked for you so far. It's way to early to think about any filler. If anything filler is likely to make things worse right now because you are trying to correct an asymmetry which is temporary due to swelling. You might add filler to this and then in another month or two when the swelling goes down it will look asymmetric from the filler. I would advise waiting at least nine months and see how it settles. If the problem is indeed a detached upper lateral you can decide whether to have this fixed permanently with a graft or camouflage it with filler.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose crooked after surgery

+1

You are quite early in the healing process and need to wait before anything is done. Fillers are an option but, you may need a revision with a spreade graft.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD