Overfilled Sculptra: How Long Before I Can Begin Getting a Top-Up?

I looked so lovely after 7 vials - a year later I fussed about a jowl so the doctor did an 8th vial over my cheekbones to lift the jowl. It made my cheekbones bigger and broad making my face look square and creating hollows underneath.

I have never looked like this before. I hate it . I guess I can't now have a top up or the big cheekbones will spring back - so how long to leave it before it is safe to start again? I looked lovely, now I have to stay like this for years, I'm very low about it

Too much volume from Sculptra then avoid more Sculptra

+1

Before you try to correct with more Sculptra an appearance that does not please you, resist.  You may end up increasing the unnatural appearance you have.  Jowls can be lifted by other means including Ultherapy (although it needs to be investigated if it can be done recently after Sculptra).

Too much Sculptra?

+1

The best approach to an unwanted result from Sculptra is not more Sculptra.   If you are unhappy with the contours, this can be improved with a more temporary filler such as Juvederm. Of course an expert eye is needed to give you good advice. Seek out a qualified, experienced physician.  More is not always better.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra can be manipulated.

+1

We teach both Sculptra and Sculptra Aesthetic.

Early after injection position and contour can be adjusted by massage, especially "inside-out massage".

This also helps some patients even years after and injection of almost any filler.

The technique is as follows:

• Place your thumb inside your cheek high into the recess of your gum
  • Place index finger on your cheek above the area of fullness you do not like
  • Manipulate the tissue between in a flattening or kneading motion to spread it out
  • Repeat for three minutes
  • Continue until it is effective or it is apparent that the technique does not work for your problem (give it at least three weeks.

I hope this solves your problem.

By the way, we regularly use seven vials and more depending on what we are trying to achieve.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Too Much Sculptra Can be More Than Enough

+1

When "a lot" is good, sometimes more is not better. Seven vials of Sculptra is quite a bit so you obviously should have quit while you were happy with the results and not found new areas to "fuss about". Rather than doing more at this time and increasing the risk of looking worse, I would recommend you wait it out and allow things to settle down over time. Yes, Sculptra is known to last quite a while but it may be sooner than you think for it to settle down and look better without further treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra is for Scupting

+1

Dafney, the effects of sculptra usually last 2-3 years, however you can build upon previous treatments after about 6 weeks. You may be able to continue sculpting to attain the result you are looking for and change the look that you are unhappy with. It would be good to talk to your treating physician about this possibility.

Andrea Willey, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon