Had 10 Year Old Implants Explanted and the Surgeon found a 10cm Length Fill-Tube, Normal?

I had saline implant following mastectomy 10 years ago. The implant was filled over the following year, and thenI had surgery to remove the valve that was in my armpit. Recently, I had the implant explanted and surgeon found free silicone in the cavity and attached to the old implant was a 10cm length .5-.7 dia tubing. Standard practice in the UK?

Breast implants

+2

Since you had saline implants, there is no reason to find free silicone in the pocket.The tubing is the fill tubing that is used to fill the implant. It comes with the implant or tissue expander, sterile.It should not be left but will cause no harm.