Best Way to Fill in Facial Area That Have Lost Fat?

What are the best and safest possible ways to fill in cheeks that have lost the support of fat. Preferably non-surgical. Would a injectable filler be the best route and bring the best results, or what else is there? And do they act as real fat?

+1

I do quite a few Cheek Augmentations with fillers (I prefer Perlane) and Cheek Implants.  For hollows, lower in the face I prefer using Sculptra.  It does depend on the shape of your cheeks and whether you are female or male...as the ideal aesthetic cheek shape differs significantly based on gender.

Fill the facial areas that have lost fat

+1

Fat injections and Sculptra are the moste effective ways of filling in the cheek areas that require large volume replacement.

Other good options include Artefil, Perlane and Radiesse.  These will be more costly for larger corrections.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

fillers versus cheek implants to fill in facial cheek area

+1

There are many fillers on the market that are certainly acceptable to augment the cheeks. The fillers were  injected deep down into the cheek tissues  to  add volume to the cheek area. The fillers are temporary.  Cheek implants offer a permanent solution to the flat cheek area. The implants are composed of Silastic, or inserted through the intra-oral incision, under a brief general anesthesia. Expect approximately 2 weeks of visible bruising and swelling after the surgical procedure

Methods to add volume to facial areas that have lost fat

+1

There are several options available to help fill in cheeks that have lost volume from fat loss.  The surgical option would involve augmentation with implants.  The non-surgical methods would involve injectable fillers or fat.  There are a variety of fillers that could be used and each of them, and fat, would have their own pros and cons.  I would not say one is the best.  Treatments are individualized for each patient, so sometimes, one is better for one person than the other.  Done correctly, all of these methods should be able to give a natural looking result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best way to replace lost volume in the face

+1

Deeper stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse, when strategically injected high along the cheekbones and lateral face, will help to restore lost volume and create a lifting effect for sagging skin. These deeper fillers will stimulate growth of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

The best treatments for loss of facial volume resulting from aging, sun damage and facial fat atrophy are Sculptra and fat transfer. Sculptra is an off-the-shelf FDA approved filler that lasts over two years, typically. Fat transfer involves removing a small amount of fat from the thighs or around the belly button and reinjecting it into areas of fat loss in the face. Both treatments are safe and effective in experienced hands. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lost fat and volume

+1

Fillers are a fantastic way to replace volume or the look of fat loss in the cheeks. Fillers (Restylane/Juvaderm) offer instant results with little to no downtime, however the results are not permanent and usually need to be repeated once a year.

Sculptra is a volumizer which allows the build up of your own collagen over 3 months. The results take longer to get, however results last up to two years.

Finally, you could consider fat transfer. This takes your own fat from you belly, hips or thighs and injects it back into your face. The advantage is the look is permanent. The disadvantage is how much fat survives the transfer. I tell patients who are consider fat transfer it maybe a procedure they have to get twice to get the look they want.

Deidra Blanks, MD
Wilmington Facial Plastic Surgeon