I Am a Filippino Girl with Tanned Skin and Fine Black Hair. Which LHR Laser Will Work Best for Me?

I will be getting it done on my arms/legs/upper lip (fine and black), and brazilian/armpits (coarse and black).

Best Laser Hair Removal Treatment

+1

A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The laser I recommend and use is the Elos laser hair removal system, which is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient.

Laser Hair Removal for Ethnic Skin

+1

For dark skin, I recommend the 1064 YAG by Candela or Synosure.  Some diodes will also work, but they are a second tier of performance and safety.  IPL is the least safe and smallest room for error.  The IPL can work in skilled hands, but one must be careful as side effects can include permanant disscoleration and scarring.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist