Trying to Figure out What Exactly I Want from a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I know its impossible to have another persons nose and it depends on individual features and structures. I have been looking into rhinoplasty to achieve a smaller, less fat nose. I have attached a picture of my face and the kind of nose I like as starting point. I think her nose may be similar to mine expect less "fat". I'm more concerned with my nose looking less fat than changing the shape perhaps thinner nostrils. The thickness of the nose especially shows when I smile.

A Thinner Nose with Rhinoplasty

+1

It certainly slund like you do have a good idea of what you want from a rhinoplasty...a thinner nose. While I don't believe you can have exactly as thin and defined a nose as your ideal picture shows, your nose can definitely be made thinner than it is including the nostrils. That would be a very achieveable rhinoplasty goal.

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

An examination and consultation with a plastic surgeon who is experienced with rhinoplasty surgery is necessary in order to determine your options.  Computer imaging is also a very helpful educational tool.  The changes you are looking at are possible although a lateral view would be nice.  

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

You hit the nail right on the head! The goal would be to narrow to width of the nose. It also looks like you have a small bump that needs to be removed and the tip raised a little. Pretty standard rhinoplasty stuff. You should consult with a surgeon and see if they can show you photos of similar cases they have done. I think you are a great candidate, but you need to be ready I your own mind. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

The desi (Indian) rhinoplasty

+1

You ask a good question.  I assume you are desi from your photographs. The desi or Indian patient interested in rhinoplasty deserves special attention as do all patients from non Caucasian ethnicities.  Generally the skin is thicker and thus we look for larger three dimensional changes not fine delicate sculpting .  With that said your nose can be narrowed especially at the tip and the shap can be refined .  Narrowing the base might also help. My approach to the ethnic patient is to respect identity, preserve ethnicity, but improve and refine shape and form.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Figuring out what you want from rhinoplasty

+1
The only way we know to 'try out' changes to your nose to give the best look for your features is through computer simulation on your photo. Experimentation on what your nose might do provides invaluable planning for both you and your surgeon to get things right.

The Nostrils and Tip Reduced with Rhinoplasty

+1

The nostrils and tip can be reduced to get you closer to your goal.  Skin thickness may limit the result to some extent.