Unhappy with Breast Reduction Results

It has been 8 weeks since my BR, and lift with implants. im not sure how much was taken out or what cc implant were put in. im not sure why i dont have that info?? i really like my doctor on a personal level but not happy! im so confused on what is going on with mine??? 1.my Lefty is kind of droopy and fat on the side under my arm? 2.my cleavage is terriable and almost loose skin in cleavage?? 3.nipple is bigger and numb on left? a whole cup size smaller on right??i have 2 different breasts?

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The asymmetry that you are referring to is visible in the pictures. Revisionary surgery may be very helpful at some point. I would suggest that you allow  at least 6 months ( and closer to one year) before evaluating the final results of surgery and the potential need for further surgery.

In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to calmly communicate your  questions and concerns.

Unhappy breast reduction aug

+1

I see from your photos what you are talking about.The things you are unhappy with can be corrected for the most part such as unequal size of the nipples.the size difference can be corrected with a different size implant.I would give it a little more time to settle and then bring these issues up with your ps.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Surgery and Its Alternatives

+1

It is not clear to me what was done when you say that your had a bbreast reduction, breast lift, and breast implants

Breast reduction surgery is done to reduce and lift the breasts.  

If the breasts are not too large and only drooping, then a breast lift may be all that is needed to lift the breasts without changing their size.

If you wanted to lift and increase your breast size then a bbreast implant with or without a breast lift may accomplish your goals.

8 weeks after surgery is too soon to know your result.  I would suggest that you see your surgeon and discuss your concerns, so you might have some answers to your questions, while you wait for the post operative swelling to resolve.  You may find that your results are satisfactory.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Unhappy with Breast Reduction

+1
It is very early in your healing to determine your exact results. From your pictures it appears that your doctor performed an anchor style lift on you. Based on this it would seem that you were fairly large before the procedure. I would recommend seeing your doctor and sharing your concerns. He/She may be able to ease your concerns.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Concerns about results of a breast reduction/augmentation 8 weeks postoperatively

+1

Without having provided your preoperative photos, it is difficult to draw some precise conclusions. Despite this, you are still very early in the healing process with full maturation taking around 9 months to a year. Some of the issues that you are concerned with may improve with time; others may require just some minor revision in the office (such as a difference in the areola size).

Discuss with your plastic surgeon the concerns that you have and obtain the information that you are inquiring about.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Not happy after 8 weeks since my Breast Reduction and implants.

+1

The reason to do a breast reduction and implants at the same time is to eliminate the natural breast to avoid drooping and place an implant to give upper pole fullness. The surgeon has to me very experienced to get a good result because this is a very sophisticated operation. It is difficult to judge the degree of improvement without multiple view and a preoperative picture. I am sure your surgeon can address the issues and may be with a revision make you happy.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast reduction

+1

Breast Reduction/uplift with implants can be a complex procedure.  The surgeon needs to consider many factors  prior to the surgery including pre-existing assymmetry, nipple position, breast volume etc.  These will ultimately play a role in the outcome of the surgery.  8 weeks is still relatively early in the healing process and there are likely to be changes in the shape anfd fullness of the breasts as things begin to settle over the next few months.   You should discuss any questions that you have with your surgeon, as I am sure that the information you are seeking is readily available.  If you remain unhappy after things have settled, it might be possible to revise the breasts, and somtimes this can be done under local anesthesia requiring little down time.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Breast Reduction Results

+1

Thanks for the series of posted photos, a pre operative photo is missing. The before photo would help determine the appearance before vs now. In realistic terms you could have an acceptable result vs you could have a poor result. If you are so unhappy than a minor revision of the areolae to gain even sizes & levels, revise the left to equalize the sizes. As for numbness it is an acceptable occurrence, as stated in your informed consent (I hope?). In addition, 8 weeks is very early in your healing to be soo unhappy, but you are (otherwise you would not have posted here). I recommend in detailed discussion with your chosen surgeon and second opinions. I must add do not be surprised that your expectations might be to hard to achieve (again no pre operative photo). Best

Breast reduction and unhappy

+1

Sorry that you are unhappy, but it is difficult to comment without knowing what you looked like before surgery and more details about the procedure. If you are unhappy you should discuss it with your doctor.